PDA

View Full Version : Deregulation

oxfordshirecm
26-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi,

Just a quick question... Just had a meeting with my development officer who said she wasn't worried about ratios or agency changes but the whole deregulation of a childminder??? I thought we had won this campaign on the subject and now not going to be deregulated? Have I missed something and got this wrong?

Mouse
26-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Using an agency could be classed as deregulation as the agency would be ofsted registered, not the childminder.

oxfordshirecm
26-02-2013, 11:56 AM
So for all childminders that decide not to join an agency will we remain ofsted reg'd? I suppose this question has already been asked before... Hmmm will just have to wait for more news on agencies to get it answered

Mouse
26-02-2013, 12:01 PM
So for all childminders that decide not to join an agency will we remain ofsted reg'd? I suppose this question has already been asked before... Hmmm will just have to wait for more news on agencies to get it answered

Yes, that's what's being said at the moment. You will have the choice of either joining an agency, or remaining independent. If you chose to remain independent you will be individually inspected by Ofsted, keep your own registration number etc. It does sound as if the annual fee will increase for independent childminders, but there's been no official indication of what it might rise to.

Ripeberry
26-02-2013, 12:26 PM
And it makes you wonder how much they will charge us to be 'independent'.

bunyip
26-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Hi,

Just a quick question... Just had a meeting with my development officer who said she wasn't worried about ratios or agency changes but the whole deregulation of a childminder??? I thought we had won this campaign on the subject and now not going to be deregulated? Have I missed something and got this wrong?

I don't think any of these issues go away forever. The Fungus the Bogeyman philosophy tends to apply.

So long as childcare remains a political football, we can all expect to get kicked. :(

SammySplodger
26-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not assuming that Gov will make it easy for us to stay Independent. They SAY it's choice, but I'm convinced they will make it deliberately hard and offer Parents massive 'carrots' if the go with Agencies.

We have to fight it!