PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Name

JoCrisp
26-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi All, I'm new to Childminding and am currently training in King's Lynn Norfolk. This forum has been a godsend and I often trawl through for help and advice! I know everyone has mixed feelings about names but I am seeing this is a business that I intend to grow and for me it is important to have a name. I will then use this on all my documents and my website. I don't really want to use my name and there are several nurseries in the area that use the word 'Little' so I'm looking to avoid this. Can anyone help with some names, or my brainstorming as I'm now hitting a brick wall!

Words I like that I'm playing with include:
Star
Angel
Doodle(s)
Sparkle

I'm open to suggestions!

If it helps I have toyed with the idea of using the area in which I live which is West Winch but I can't think of anything! My house also has a name - Saxon House, again this gives me no inspiration! I want something catchy that I will easily be able to create a logo from and also set the right impression to parents! That I'm serious, professional and passionate about my job.

Thanks in advance

jillplum
26-02-2013, 01:35 PM
The only one thats comes to mind is from your name Crispy Critters.

nipper
26-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a cross between a pet shop and a chip shop, sorry jillplum...:laughing: I know that's know help whatsoever.
I like Saxon House, it's a good strong name. What about Saxon House Childcare...That would make me sit up and take notice!

loocyloo
26-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a cross between a pet shop and a chip shop, sorry jillplum...:laughing: I know that's know help whatsoever.
I like Saxon House, it's a good strong name. What about Saxon House Childcare...That would make me sit up and take notice!

i like 'saxon house childcare' :D could use a childs drawing of a/your house as logo?

saxon house stars?

saxon house explorers?

good luck x

ChocolateChip
26-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I was going to say something like Saxon Stars or Saxon House but loocyloo beat me to it!
It would definitely stand out as being original but professional sounding.

sunview_cm
26-02-2013, 02:38 PM
I like Saxon house childcare. I used my house name and works well me. X

JoCrisp
27-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Thank you all so much for the ideas! I love Crispy Critters, it actually made me laugh! Not sure if that is what I want potential parents to do though, so may need a rethink! I just love it though, so catchy!! I had thought about calling it Saxon House but I'm worried it sounds a little like an old people's home rather than a childminders. I like the idea of Saxon Stars or Saxon Explorers. Maybe I'll go with one of those although I'm struggling to stay away from Crispy Critters.

Thank you all for your input x

halor
27-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Thank you all so much for the ideas! I love Crispy Critters, it actually made me laugh! Not sure if that is what I want potential parents to do though, so may need a rethink! I just love it though, so catchy!! I had thought about calling it Saxon House but I'm worried it sounds a little like an old people's home rather than a childminders. I like the idea of Saxon Stars or Saxon Explorers. Maybe I'll go with one of those although I'm struggling to stay away from Crispy Critters.

Like Saxon explorers!

jillplum
27-02-2013, 02:07 PM

Awww go on you know you want to be crispy critters :D

JoCrisp
27-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Like Saxon explorers!

What about some kind of play on words with Saxon? Thinking along the lines of the Anglo-Saxons, maybe Saxons Angels? Or perhaps something that works with the word! I'm so stuck on this! It is something that matters to me and has to give out the right impression to perspective parents.

Thanks again, to everyone so far x

jillplum
28-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Saxon the Beach oops No thats not very appropriate lol
Story Sax

loocyloo
28-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Saxon the Beach oops No thats not very appropriate lol
Story Sax

oooo, i like story sax :D

halor
28-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Saxon adventurers?

lubeam
01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I like crispy critters , what about crispy critters childcare - you could be CCC , your logo could involve the sea , as in kids playing on a beach or something, everyone likes the sea side :)

FussyElmo
01-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Werent critters horrible little aliens who had to be terminated.

Suppose your logo could be little monsters!!!!!