PDA

View Full Version : Advice on ratios

leah.kyranidis
25-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I am not yet registered but hopefully will be soon, and have been approached my a lady who has 2 children, one of them is 2 and other is nearly 5 and goes to school! I have a 2 year old and 4 year old who will be starting school in sept! So that will be 4 under 5s but one of them is in school! Is this ok as will be having them in school holidays too! Hope someone can help! X

blue bear
26-02-2013, 03:01 AM
As long as the one in school is full time that is fine,oh and as long as you are still under the 6 under 8 ratio too.

leah.kyranidis
26-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah he is 8.35 - 3.15pm so full time! These will be my first mindees with no others to start with!
Also I will be having the 5 year old in school holidays too so how do I work out pay for him? Do I just charge more in holidays or work out an average for tax credits?

blue bear
26-02-2013, 09:46 AM
It's really upto you how you prefer to bill,some work out an annual figure and average it over the year so you get paid the same each week, some bill mostly based on what hours attended so it's more expensive on holiday weeks.

Parent needs to work out what a weekly fee term time and holidays will be and give tax credits the annual figure.