PDA

View Full Version : I need a small (short) folding double buggy - any suggestions???

Childminder in Kent
25-02-2013, 10:13 PM
I have a Renault Grand Scenic - Lovely 7 seater car with a tiny boot!
I need to use the back seats, so have to find a double buggy that will fit - all the umbrella fold ones that I have tried have been too long.
The buggy (folded) needs to be no longer than 104cm long and 40 cm wide, although as you go up, my boot narrows from 40cm - 20cm!
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Belly2009
25-02-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a zafira and have just bought the baby jogger city mini double and can get it in with all 7 seats up. Great pushchair too. I love it. Can measure tomorrow for you if you like xx

mrs robbie williams
26-02-2013, 06:11 AM
I gave a zaffy and have just bought a Jane twin two - big mistake!! Just fits on boot with back seats folded :( nice to push but ****** huge ! Back to the drawing board me thinks xx

MessybutHappy
26-02-2013, 07:21 AM
While the children are small, would you have any more space under their feet in the footwell behind the divers seat? I don't have / need a double at the moment, but was considering this if I do ever need one!

Helen79
26-02-2013, 07:26 AM
The Maclaren triumph, chicco echo and the mothercare zoob all fold up small. If you go to somewhere like mothercare they may let you check whether they fit before you buy. Most pushchair handles are too high for me to push comfortably so I've had to look for buggys with shorter handles, which then fold up small. These 3 seem to be the shortest so might fit.

sharonmanc
26-02-2013, 07:37 AM
I have the McClaren triump and it folds small enough to fit in the back of my daffy with all seats up. I use my out and about with 6 seats in use

shortstuff
26-02-2013, 08:19 AM
i have a larger double at the moment and as MessybutHappy suggested mine goes in the footwell behind the drivers seat until i have aquired a smaller one. HTH

Tazmin68
26-02-2013, 10:23 AM
There is an I baby twin on mother care website which I am looking at for my zaf. It is 99cm and is approx 120 incl free delivery

SYLVIA
26-02-2013, 10:25 AM
I have a buggy from mothercare called a mino. Very small and short and nice to push. easily fits in a scenic grand as I had in the back of my friends last week

Christi
26-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I used to have a combi W2 (think that was what it was called) that was the best folder I've ever had. Not sure on dimensions though.

Smileyface
26-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Mini city double :) folds down small plus great pushchair x

Tazmin68
26-02-2013, 12:13 PM
I have just ordered the o baby double. It is 95 cm length so looks good. I will update you when I get it
I will then sell my cosatto twin lunar which is very difficult in zaf and my chico multiway which again is no good in zaf with all seats.
My loft is looking like a buggy park

Carol-Ann Woods
26-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I use a Mamas and papas twin Aria which is great, it folds flat but remains a square if you know what I mean, it goes between the rear seats and the back window...x

Tazmin68
26-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Twin aria would not fit in a zaf behind rear seats. Just tried measurments

Tazmin68
26-02-2013, 01:06 PM
It looks like the mini city jogger again will not fit into a zaf when all seats are up. At the top it is quite narrow with the wheels I think would be impossible. I will let you know what I think of the obaby the alternative was the maclaren one which again looked lite it would fit. Just seen previous post that it will fit sorry.

Belly2009
26-02-2013, 02:28 PM
It looks like the mini city jogger again will not fit into a zaf when all seats are up. At the top it is quite narrow with the wheels I think would be impossible. I will let you know what I think of the obaby the alternative was the maclaren one which again looked lite it would fit. Just seen previous post that it will fit sorry.

I have one and it fits :)

Carol-Ann Woods
26-02-2013, 03:55 PM
All 7 seats in my Galaxy move independently so it's handy, an inch or 2 makes all the difference...x

RuthJ
26-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I have a zafira so small boot too. I've just got the kiddicare double stroller for £99. And it fits fine, light to push and basic which is all I need :)

Childminder in Kent
26-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will look into them all :-)
I think the difference between the Scenic and a Zafira is that the Scenic's boot is a tiny bit shorter?
I have tried a combi (well using measurements) and it doesnt look like it will fit :-(

louised
27-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I have a VW Beetle with a tiny boot and my city mini jogger fits! I take the front wheels off but it's a one click action and easy to do, it's a great puschair, bit pricey but worth it

mama2three
27-02-2013, 09:29 AM
I bought a grand scenic a couple of weeks ago , after comparing it with the zafira. The boot space in the scenic is definitely more generous , there is more space between the top of the back seats and the back window.
A number of forums etc have posts which say the nipper 360 will fit in the scenic boot - Im going to try it with my friends nipper this afternoon and will let you know. My mclaren umberella fold fits fine , its longer than the width of the boot but just angle it slightly .

sharonh
27-02-2013, 10:47 AM
I also have a the same car and have a mothercare umberla folding pushchair which fits xx

rachy008
27-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I also have a grand scenic and I have an umbrella fold double made by Baby Gogo which fits fine.

lorraine04
27-02-2013, 01:11 PM
This is the smallest one ive found. I love it as its nice and compact.
New Twin Double Pushchair Buggy Footmuffs & Raincover Package Deal Brand New | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261165753974)
Hope this link works :blush:

Tazmin68
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi

The obaby twin Apollo arrived today and it fits brill in zaf with all 7 seats up. Cannot wait until Tuesday to use it sad I know. I am so happy at not damaging the back of the car now when getting it into the car. As mentioned the length when folded us 95cm anything over about 102 risked scratching the car when putting it in or out. A massive improvement on the cosatto that I use usually.