PDA

View Full Version : World you take the Children

Kevin1964
25-02-2013, 07:09 PM
World you take the Children you look after on holiday with you If a perant asked you two

FussyElmo
25-02-2013, 07:10 PM
How do I put this politely - no chance. Im sorry but my hoildays are my families time and Im refuse to share it with mindees :thumbsup:

mazza58
25-02-2013, 07:13 PM
No i personally wouldn't as I like to keep my holidays for relaxing with my family

cathtee
25-02-2013, 07:15 PM
without being rude,

Don't be silly,

my own 2 are 25+ so it's dh and me only and it's adult only hotels for us too,
I love my job and my mindees but not 24/7 not even for a weekend.

jillplum
25-02-2013, 07:19 PM
No way would I take mine on holiday. Holiday means no work. If you take a mindee then its work not holiday.

smurfette
25-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Why?! Did they ask you to?!

mrs robbie williams
25-02-2013, 07:21 PM
er nope :eek::eek:

Becci26
25-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Possibly yes! Depending on which one it was haha!

blue bear
25-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Think it would depend, if it was a weekend camping or in a caravan, so cheap and cheerful and I had young children of my own I might do it but would expect to be paid for the whole time at my hourly and unsocial hourly rate with set fee for over night (so not cheap for parent).
But Definetly not on my main holiday

Greengrass74
25-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Absolutely not, holidays are my time to relax and spend time with MY family, I keep them free from work.

Imagine all the paperwork, risk assesments, issues like does your insurance cover holidays? are you allowed to have Lo's overnight, also will you be able to relax and enjoy the holiday, so many questions and possible issues. (plus no alcohol:panic:)

In my opinion a Risk Assesment nightmare and not a holiday.

Good luck if you decide to do it.

chezzagriff
25-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt. I wouldnt be able to relax at all and thats what holidays are for. Also my children have to share me 5 days a week so on holiday its all about me and my family spending time together.

teacake2
25-02-2013, 08:06 PM
I must be the odd one out here, I actually took 2 girls on holiday to Spain, didn't expect to get paid for it either. The break was just what we all needed. I didn't class it as childminding, I was on holiday with 2 girls who had been with me since babies, parents did pay part of cost for me though.
Teacake2

JCrakers
25-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Oh my goodness...no way..lol

I love my mindees, most are like family but I draw a line. Working 50hrs a week is enough for me... :)

kellib
25-02-2013, 08:14 PM
God no!! As much as I love them there's no danger I'd want them on holiday with me!

WibbleWobble
25-02-2013, 08:36 PM
my mum was a childminder 34 years ago....she had my little sister (S) and she only looked after one child, a little boy M...there was about 8 weeks between them.

The mum was a GP and dad did something in insurance. We only had M for two years. My mum and Ms mum became best friends - and still are after all those years. M came on holiday with us a lot....we went camping. He loved camping and was just one of the gang...bit like another brother. His mum went on to have two more babies and although by that time they had moved away they still came on hols with us.

Ms dad was killed two weeks before the third boy was born. My mum was Ms mums birth partner. My dad was asked to be his god father.

when Ms mum got married a few years ago she asked my mum to be her matron of honour and had my parents on the top table.

you ask if i would take a mindee on holiday with us????

no flamin likely!

wibble the sane x

Daisy1956
25-02-2013, 09:01 PM
I have to wonder why you would want to. It is your time. Me no way I love my hols with my own family not someone else children.

mummyMia
25-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I had one little girl that I just might have taken, for a few days anyway. She was so lovely, no trouble at all and best friends with my dd. There is no way I would take any of the other mindees I've had. :panic:

little chickee
25-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I would normally say no.
2 of my mindees i have just now, brothers aged 3.5 and 2 i might just say yes!

Lovely boys, my own 3 sons all adore them. Maybe for a weekend camping or in the caravan.
Would probably do it for my flat rate too.

I've been minding for 5 years and they are the first mindees I've had that i truely really like a lot.

The others i've had in the past - absolutely no way.

MessybutHappy
25-02-2013, 09:41 PM
No, but I might move my holiday so I could look after the mindee....for a better than normal fee...and then spend, spend, spend!

VeggieSausage
25-02-2013, 09:49 PM
NO WAY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES .....MY DH WOULD NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN!!! ....sorry does that sound a bit strong.

Nope it wouldn't be for me.....especially the screamer :panic:

hectors house
25-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I even know of foster parents who don't take the kids on holiday, many years ago my daughter used to say every day "is X coming today" - she even said it every day while on holiday in Spain!

ChocolateChip
25-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Hmmm, there might be one child I would consider it for (not that I have favourites you understand ;)) but as for the others.....no way!

wendywu
25-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Errr No :laughing:

Now if they wanted to pay for me and their child to go away on holiday ( somewhere hot abroad) i would consider it :cool: