PDA

View Full Version : Local Nursery Graded 'Outstanding' still displaying EYFS 2007 info on website

nipper
25-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Had a new nursery open up in September, part of a local chain. Have just decided to have a look at the the website and was amazed to see they are still displaying information from the old EYFS!:eek:

AgentTink
25-02-2013, 05:40 PM
:eek: it makes you wonder

sarah707
25-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Nothing surprises me any more :panic:

SYLVIA
25-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Oustanding nursery in my area is still displaying a very old Ofsted parent poster and FIS that we were told to remove way back last year.

mum24
25-02-2013, 07:27 PM
same here, last year I pointed out to one that they had the old Ofsted poster with the old telephone number on it, wish I hadn't bothered, all I got was a black look, and it obviously doesn't matter to Ofsted anyway.

chezzagriff
25-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I think Ofsted just decided whats ok and whats not depending on the night they had! So many places getting good/outstanding when so much needs changing yet others are getting satisfactory when there is only maybe one small thing. Im due my official 1st one in May and Im so nervous. I feel everything is how it should be so Im just hoping my inspector had a good night the night before :laughing:

lubeam
25-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I think Ofsted just decided whats ok and whats not depending on the night they had! So many places getting good/outstanding when so much needs changing yet others are getting satisfactory when there is only maybe one small thing. Im due my official 1st one in May and Im so nervous. I feel everything is how it should be so Im just hoping my inspector had a good night the night before :laughing:

try offering irish coffee when they visit lol :happy banana:

nipper
25-02-2013, 08:34 PM
...or a JD?

Helen79
25-02-2013, 09:06 PM
When I had my inspection my complaints policy still had the old number for ofsted in. I'd updated it on the computer but not printed out a copy for my file as I hadn't had any new parents start for a while and hadn't thought to. I had the new poster on the wall and all my other paperwork was up to date, just this one phone number, which at the time was still in use. It's mentioned in my ofsted report and because it's in the safeguarding section it makes it sound worse that it is and as though all my paperwork is out of date.

The local nursery have got outstanding but still have the old parents poster up in the hall as soon as you walk in the door so it's really noticeable with the old number on from years ago. It makes me cross that they get away with it but our paperwork is totally picked apart :mad:

SammySplodger
25-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Helen79 - same here! Mrs O kept going on about it and I ended up with Satisfactory. Mentioned twice in my report. I got the phone number wrong, but all other details were correct. AND the phone number still worked.

MessybutHappy
25-02-2013, 09:37 PM
It really devalues everyone's gradings when theres no consistency. Very frustrating to say the least.

zippy
26-02-2013, 01:09 PM
What is the current number seems they change it like their socks lol