PDA

View Full Version : well wait an see now

kims kingdom
25-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Just had parents round don't know if I have done enough but then thinkin they will chose you if that want to the fact that they have been to 4 childminders already so and asked loads of questions what activities will I do with them etc..never not had a parent say yes straight away so all new to me I don't know how it went but mum starts work next mon so guess ill hear back soon just hate waiting I didnt ask for any info from them do you think I shoukd of done or would that seems pushy I had my folder of contracts etc out ready just in case luckly he didnt see them showed him certificates etc showed him outside he looked himself in the bathroom the mum was very quite tho he done all the talking and askin questions well wait and see.

silvermist
25-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Good luck, hope it goes well for you x

ruby
25-02-2013, 04:34 PM
good luck , fingers crossed

cathy

sarah707
25-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Did you give a timescale? I normally say please let me know within a week - or can I ring for feedback on xx please.

Good luck! :D

mummyMia
25-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Good luck !!!
I hate the waiting and find myself checking my phone way too often :blush:

kims kingdom
25-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Did you give a timescale? I normally say please let me know within a week - or can I ring for feedback on xx please.

Good luck! :D

Well the mum starts work monday so this week proberly a bit of notice would be nice im gonna try not to think bout it now otherwise ill be really disappointed if they so no then ill think was it something I said or my house I woukd be to scared to ask

Allie
25-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Is it just me? I always tell parents what they need to do if they want me eg in this case I would have told them the child must have at least one settling visit this week if they want to start next week and they. must also plan on a child and parent stay and play session as well. I've even had settling at weekends when there isn't much time. I also tell them I will contact them in a couple of days as I have other inquiries (this is not always true).
Begining to think I must be bossy!

MessybutHappy
25-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't think you are bossy...but that's because I take the same line and don't want to be thought of that way! I prefer clear and businesslike!!!!

jillplum
25-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Well at least you wont have long to wait to find out as she is starting on monday.

kims kingdom
25-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Is it just me? I always tell parents what they need to do if they want me eg in this case I would have told them the child must have at least one settling visit this week if they want to start next week and they. must also plan on a child and parent stay and play session as well. I've even had settling at weekends when there isn't much time. I also tell them I will contact them in a couple of days as I have other inquiries (this is not always true).
Begining to think I must be bossy!

No I wouldnt say bossy but lookin at when you started im thinkin your used to all sorts of parents everyone is different as i only started cm last year some things are still new but don't know where id be without cm forum find more useful info on here and helps me a lot well this time next week I wilk either be stressed out over first day or relaxin watchin tv after puttin my two to bed

jillplum
26-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Any news yet? Let us know what happens.

chezzagriff
26-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Good luck! I hate waiting too. I constantly check my emails then phone then emails then phone and so on..... lol think I will have to start giving a time limit and try to be more laid back as to whether they choose me or not.