PDA

View Full Version : house going up for sale :(

adele1985
25-02-2013, 04:19 PM
our landlord has decided to put our house up for sale :( people are coming to take photos on friday

we have already seen someone about mortgage but thats not going to be an option

my oh wants to stay put until the house sells ( to be honest i dont think it will or it will take along time to as it needs loads doing to it including double glazing and a new heating system)

i only have 1 mindee who starts school in sept so really not aure to carry on minding or not as havent had many enquires despite advertising - i only live in a small town and there are 3 nursries, at least 30 plus minders and all schools have before and afterschool

thinking of going back to work maybee in a shop where i can go do my job then come home - lol the only probelm being ive only ever worked in childcare since i left school so havent got any expereince in anything else

jut feel in a bit of a rut - and the lack of intrest and childcare changes arnt helping

lol sorry not really any point to the post just needed to get it off my chest

lisbet
25-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I hope it all works out one way or the other, but :group hug: for all the uncertainty in the meantime x

silvermist
25-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Bless you, it sounds like youve a lot going on right now. Take your time to decide your future.
Sending hugs to you xxxx

AgentTink
25-02-2013, 04:29 PM
It's horrible when a landlord decides to sell, I have been in that situation. If you are going to continue to rent I would probably start looking for somewhere else so that you have plenty of time to find somewhere suitable, because I would not like the uncertainty of waiting until the landlord told me. It could surprise you and be sold really quickly if the landlord puts it up cheaply.

In regards to work, if you are not getting much business then I would start now looking for other avenues, maybe in a school, whilst continuing childminding in the meantime. I wouldn't give up your registration yet as you might find when you move that you find a few families who need childcare.

RuthJ
25-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Aw, how horrible for you :(

I'm sure things will work out, whatever you decide x

adele1985
25-02-2013, 04:57 PM
thanks for your support :)

ive just emailed my development worker and asked for some more information regarding maybe working for social servies as carer ( not really sue how that works) but i was contacted by a social worker through family information service to care for a lo for 4 days (24 hour care) but it all fell though at the last minuet

or maybee becoming a nanny but again know nothing about this

mummyMia
25-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Good luck, I really hope it works out for you. Maybe a lovely new house will bring you some luck and the enquiries will pick up. :)

jillplum
25-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I know what it is like having to move when landlord decides to sell. Not a good feeling. Being positive maybe you can find a new house in an area that is really short of childminders! Good luck anyway.

Ripeberry
25-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Sometimes things happen for a reason, so look on the positive side :)

loocyloo
25-02-2013, 06:48 PM
I know what it is like having to move when landlord decides to sell. Not a good feeling. Being positive maybe you can find a new house in an area that is really short of childminders! Good luck anyway.

Move to the other side of the moors ... We need cm :0)

Shamai
25-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear your landlord is selling up. Have you looked into shared ownership schemes in your area which is part rent, part buy? Might be another option for you. Xx

nipper
25-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Tough times hun! Take time to think carefully about what to do next. Things have a strange way of working out for the best:thumbsup:

The Juggler
25-02-2013, 10:37 PM
sorry to hear that hon. hope things work out. x

TAZ
25-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Gosh, lots for you to be thinking about!
Hope it all works out

jellyelly
26-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi the same thing happened to me last year! We had been renting the house for a year, I had been childminding for 6 months and had signed up new contracts with parents!! We decided to just get on and look for something else and as it turns out we found a much nicer house! The landlord had an empty house for 5 months :) all the parents were very supportive xx good luck in whatever you decide to doo xx

adele1985
26-02-2013, 06:33 PM
thanks for all the support :)

to top it all off we now have a hole in the celing of the frount room where water has been lowley dripping from the bathroom :rolleyes: didnt even notice the state of the celling until it came through

hopefully ill know a bit more and have a bit more info about my options once ive talked with my DO tomorrow

what ever i decide ill be minding until at least september with my mindee i have now (providing the house dosent sell in the mean time that is lol)

parents have been so supportive im so lucky on that front - they even said if they had the money they would give us the deposit bless them :)