PDA

View Full Version : anyone just had a pre reg visit?

mmichellled
25-02-2013, 03:36 PM
would you mind sharing what they asked and how much detail you needed to be able to answer the prep questions in?

thank you

sarah707
25-02-2013, 05:30 PM
There are some excellent threads with lots of feedback if you work through this section of the forum!

Generally the answer seems to be that the pre-reg isn't as bad as people expected :D

chockywockydoda
25-02-2013, 07:23 PM
It really isn't as bad as I was expecting! I got the impression that as long as I showed some understanding of what she was asking me about, and that I had thought about how I would respond to certain situations, she would have been happy!

Make sure you have a copy of all the important documents such as EYFS, safeguarding info ect.

My lady was really helpful and anything I wasn't 100% sure on she clarified for me :)

sarahb1985
27-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I had mine last Wednesday and I became registered yesterday. I was so nervous about it before but it went really well. I printed out the questions from the pre reg booklet and I filled in the answers. I kept this with me within my polices and I referred to it a few times and she was fine about that!Most of the questions link in with policies i have anyway so i'm glad i made so many policies to be prepared.

Please remember to ask for ID when they come in, she made a point of that and think about whether you'll ask visitors to take off their shoes(babies crawling on the floor etc) she made a point of that too and she'd been here half a minute! She asked me to give her a tour of my home explaining my risk assessments and why i felt i needed certain things risk assessed.

If I didn't know the answers, I told her I had been wondering about that and could she tell me her views on it. She was very helpful and friendly. They aren't trying to trick you, just prepare you and make sure you've researched and thought about everything. Good Luck!