PDA

View Full Version : Prices

leah.kyranidis
25-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Can anyone advise me on what I should charge, and also where I can get contracts from?

Thanks

shortstuff
25-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Its up to you where you get your contracts from, Who are you going to be insured through? NCMA or MM? They have contracts for use. As for setting your rates it is best to look at what other CMs in your area charge. I looked mine up on FID Hants as I live in hampshire. HTH

scottishlass
25-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Hiya a lot of it depends on what area you are in and the type of service you are going to provide - I am £5 per hour which is in Edinburgh. I got my contracts from Scma but if you are in England I think it would be Michael Morton or Mcma xx

leah.kyranidis
25-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for your help, I haven't looked at Insurance yet but wasn't aware that they done contracts so that helps! I will have a look on Internet then for some research, is it best to have an hourly rate and then extra for lunch or dinner etc or do you include that in your hourly rate?

shortstuff
25-02-2013, 02:38 PM
When talking about charging for food and such I would say it is down to personal preference. Some parents will want to provide lo's food and others will want you to provide it. I completed my studies through NCMA and as part of the study I was provided with a pack which contained some contracts and other stuff such as a register to get me started. Not sure if you have done the same, but worth bearing in mind

jillplum
25-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Its really up to you there is no right or wrong way to charge. Is there any childminders near you that you could have achat with to see what they do?