PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please x

cara1235
25-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi

I have been caring for A full time for the last 2 years he is 2 1/2 years old he is sometimes a struggle to care for with his behaviour towards other children i have to watch him like a hawk at all times, just recently his tantrums have been getting worse he can sometimes kick scream roll on the floor for upto half an hour with me and i am contantly having to give him time outs. The problem is that mum is now saying he is getting really bad at home often tantrums that can last upto 2hours!!!!!!!!!! and he is refusing to eat at home and she thinks he has lost weight. Today she dropped off and said they had had an awful weekend behaviour wise and she had been in touch with the health visitor about his eating and the wonderful HV has suggested that mum comes to me at teatime to see how he eats at mine!!!! Now dont get me wrong i really do feel that he needs help/boundaries with his eating but i said to mum if she comes to me i feel his behaviour will change and he wont eat because he will want to go home, my hubby has suggested that i video tea times for her to see first what do you think???? what would you do????
Any advice greatly recieved xxxx

shortstuff
25-02-2013, 02:10 PM
I agree with both of you, to have mum there would probably be too distracting, so taking a video would be the perfect option. Good luck and i hope between you both you get A sorted :)

nipper
25-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Good idea, obviously with mum's approval. Does he eat alright at yours though?

Littleglees
25-02-2013, 02:14 PM
The joys of health visitors !!!! :-(

Sarah

tori4
25-02-2013, 02:14 PM
A video sounds a gr8 idea we all know how LO can changed the minute they hear a parents voice or even a knock at the door.

I am strong believer that a child will not allow themselves to go hungry for long and everyone just has to stick it out n be CONSISTENT CONSISTENT CONSISTENT

Hope things get better 2hr tantrums r no fun for anyone

jillplum
25-02-2013, 02:15 PM
If he eats fine at your house then yes take a video or let mum peek in the window to watch without being seen. If Mum is there lo will proably revert to his normal with Mum behaviour. You could also write down exactly how you feed him and what you say if he starts misbehaving etc. A step by step plan may help with consistancy.

cara1235
25-02-2013, 02:22 PM
thanks for your replies they are really helpful in answer to the question does he eat well at mine..... not really:( he will eat the normal pasta and fishfingers with cucumber and carrots on the side but he is not willing to try new things at all and many a time i have been left with a floor covered in food where he has just swiped it off the table:panic: will have to make sure i video him eating something i know i will eat lol x