PDA

View Full Version : 10 month old sleep patterns

nipper
25-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Very briefly, ten month old mindee wakes up about 5.30 am most mornings. Subsequently usually falls asleep on the school run in the pushchair. problem is, mum still wants him to have a morning sleep as well and says he doesn't tend to have a sleep after lunch. My predicament is that obviously it would fit in better for me if he had a nap after lunch as well/or instead of. If we have morning groups as well, he's fine and usually falls asleep on the way home and then I wake him and we have an early lunch. I think he's a bit too old to have a sleep at 10.30am and wonder of he had an afternoon nap it might solve the early waking up???/Hmmmm...

jillplum
25-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Usually at that age they are too busy in the morning to nap at mine so I keep them going as long as poss then have an early lunch and down for a nice afternoon nap. If Mum wants him to sleep in the am its a bit of a probllem. On a day you go to a group you could see how long he can stay awake for happily and see how he is.

nipper
25-02-2013, 02:07 PM
He quite happily stays awake at group until we leave at about 11am and falls asleep in the car, obviously the motion makes him fall asleep then.