PDA

View Full Version : am I right? potty trained child back in nappy

mushpea
25-02-2013, 12:09 PM
so this 2yrold (nearly 3yrs) has been potty trained for a couple of months now, we get the odd accident but nothing major, today we have had to mega floods, once he tried to get to the toilet walking like he'd just got off a horse so obviously weeing as he went and by the time he pulled his trousers down was in full fountain! walls, toilet, sink, me, nothing escaped!! the second time he did more or less the same except I whipped his trousers down and sat him on the loo as quick as i could which minimized the damage lol, thing is hes on his last pair of trousers so if he does it again he will have nothing to wear plus I really dont want to risk it happening again as its not nice for the other kids and while I am sorting him , me and the mess out they are left to their own devices so think I would have stuck a nappy on him at this point anyway but was i right to do so? even if he had more trousers should I have put pants on and risk him doing it again or would you have put nappy on?

jellybean09
25-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi I'm new to the site but just wanted to say I personally wouldn't have put a nappy on I would take him to the toilet every 10mins. I know this can be difficult with other children but it keeps you, your home and his clothes clean lol.
Maybe mention to his parent/Carer and get him checked at dr? Could have a water infection does he drink much?

shortstuff
25-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Thats a tough call, is there a sign that he is coming down with something? If so I would be tempted to put him in a nappy to try to prevent undoing the hard work already put in. If you think its for another reason maybe a call to mum to see if more clothes can be dropped off on lunch break? Just so hes not rewarded for the accidents?

LauraS
25-02-2013, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't have put a nappy back on after a couple of months of being trained, it just confuses matters. I would put last change of clothes on child, put wet ones in washer/dryer just in case then go back to basics with training, remind every ten mins, ask child to 'try' every thirty etc.

Could be coming down with something, could just be a bit of a backward slide now.that.the novelty of using the loo has worn off. Either way, wouldn't want to go backwards

AgentTink
25-02-2013, 12:47 PM
I would try to hold off nappy today, and just keep putting him on potty/toilet every half hour and limit the amount of fluids over the rest of day. In the meantime it would be worth speaking to mum to see how he has been at the weekend. Then tomorrow ask for more changes and go back to reminding him to go the toilet and monitor his progress.

jillplum
25-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I would try not to go back to a nappy. I keep a whole drawer of spare clothes at my house. Boys sometimes have to wear girls clothes but at least they are warm and dry.

mama2three
25-02-2013, 12:54 PM
I wouldnt go back to nappy - well , couldnt as I wouldnt have any here!
It does sound like he may have a water infection or similar , unfortunately much as your first instinct is to cut down on drinks he may need extra.
Extra changes of clothes from tomorrow!

mushpea
25-02-2013, 02:04 PM
well he's asleep now which isnt unusual for him so i did put him in a nappy for this but thats normal too, trouble is if he wets again he willl have nothing to wear and mum lives a good 10 miles away so its not practical for her to get anymore today, I have written in his diary that it might be worth taking a sample to the doctors to get tested, and I have just realised that these incidents happend very shortley after he has medcine he takes for not being able to poo easily,, hmm, wonder if this has effected the water works too,