PDA

View Full Version : Childminding and flats

Kevin1964
25-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Getting a little Nervos about running a childminding from a 1st floor Flat anyone know of anyone that have done childminding from A flat Please

Pandypops
25-02-2013, 10:36 AM
I mind from a 1 bedroom, 1st floor flat just fine. We have a lift which is essential for me to get my triple pram up and down the stairs and I have made my balcony safe for the children to use in the nice weather. The parents like that I have a confined space which I can see and hear their children from at all times.

hectors house
25-02-2013, 10:45 AM
I suppose my only advice (not speaking from experience of living or childminding in a flat) would be to start taking children on slowly, making sure any difficulties encountered with living in a flat are taken into account. May be better to try to have wide range of ages rather than 2 non walkers - today I have a 14 month old, 2 & half year old, 3 year old and 4 year old - far easier than the 3 under 2 1/2 I have tomorrow!

Don't worry too much, I am sure you will be brilliant. :)

kellib
25-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I childmind from a 2nd floor flat and never had any problems, do have a lift which makes life easier!

I don't have a garden but we do have a massive park next door so it's not really an issue.

Kevin1964
25-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I childmind from a 2nd floor flat and never had any problems, do have a lift which makes life easier!

I don't have a garden but we do have a massive park next door so it's not really an issue.

No lift but there only 3 floors I am on the 1st there a ground floor flats 2 and 2 flats above :) above

jillplum
25-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I think the only issue for you would be getting buggies and babies up the stairs. Can you carry the buggy up withthe children in or do you need to take them out? Im sure its doable with a bit of thought.

Kevin1964
25-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I think the only issue for you would be getting buggies and babies up the stairs. Can you carry the buggy up withthe children in or do you need to take them out? Im sure its doable with a bit of thought.

Hope fully I be looking after not baby but +1 and you can take A buggy up the stairs but it better to take them out :)

jillplum
25-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Its the same with getting children in and out of cars. Always a question of who to put in first? Who will stand still and wait? etc etc. Good luck.

Kevin1964
25-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Its the same with getting children in and out of cars. Always a question of who to put in first? Who will stand still and wait? etc etc. Good luck.

Thank you :):)