PDA

View Full Version : childminder's diary? what is this?

butterfly
27-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I have seen several childminder's diaries on ebay and similar but they don't give enough info on what's actually in them. Does any one use one or know what sort of thing is in them?

i'm looking for a way of recording what i do with the children - both planned and child initiated and any observations i make which would effect my planning. i want to ofsted to see exactly what i do and why to show that it's all planned and thought about! i think this will be especially important for the EYFS.

Can anyone help?

LittleAcorns
27-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Mine has a section on nappy / potty useage, sleep, what eaten, what played with, daily activities, note from me to parent, notes from parents to me, reminders...I also stick a few piccies in it

hope that helps :laughing: xx

butterfly
27-06-2008, 08:33 PM
sorry i meant a diary for me as the childminder not a daily diary for the child. sorry i wasnt clear!

LittleAcorns
27-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Ohhhhh sorry, no idea :p

butterfly
27-06-2008, 09:35 PM
i've just looked on ebay and can't find any now! i'm beginning to think i've made it up!! still think it's a good idea though! may be i should make one?! what do other's do with their planning?

manjay
27-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I use Sarah Nev's. Have a look on her website as I am sure she gives a full breakdown of what is in it.

katickles
27-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Bev sells some on ebay - do you mean something alone these lines?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Childminding-A-Childminders-Daily-Diary-On-CD-ROM_W0QQitemZ270238500597QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3 286.m20.l1116

sarah707
27-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Here are the contents of mine...

If you are looking for something specifically for eyfs, then you should go for either 14 EYFS Observations or 15 EYFS Planning - they have eyfs paperwork and ideas for forms etc. If you want more of an organiser for yourself, which includes some ideas for EYFS as well, then this is the best.

All forms are in Microsoft Word so you can adapt them for your setting :D

Part 1 - getting organised -

My daily/ weekly / monthly paperwork –

 Header sheet (to cover up sensitive information)
 My daily diary (day by day information for parents)
 Weekly visitor log (or monthly if you don’t have many visitors)
 Daily safety checks and notes
 Daily food temperature checks
 Daily cleaning schedule
 Fire alarm records

 Attendance log (1 per month per child)
 Invoice and Fees Policy

These are for me!

 Things to do today
 Things to do monthly
 Self evaluation form and action plan (I do this 6 monthly ish)
 Annual planning

Part 2

My daily/ weekly / monthly paperwork –

 Group monthly themed planning for EYFS and an example
 Individual monthly planning for EYFS and an example

I keep these with the children’s information files –

 Weekly observations sheet (1 per child) for EYFS
Observations for EYFS Celebration of Achievement booklets...
 Photo observation sheet
 All About Me sheet
 Incidental Observation (as and when)
 Next steps

I display a new copy of this on my parents information notice board every month –

 Notice board monthly plan (continuous provision)

butterfly
27-06-2008, 10:17 PM
thanks Sarah i've just bought one of yours and might buy the planning one! i love your website by the way - it's so good. i was looking for a way to organise my own paperwork into the 5 sections of ecm for my inspection - you've now shown me how - thank you very much!!!

chez1373
27-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi sarah,
Ive just been to your website and when i get 10 mins to myself im gonna buy more from you its brilliant what you do for us to help us like you do..

Thank you xx

Cheryl