PDA

View Full Version : Assistants only for a day?

jadavi
24-02-2013, 03:27 PM
A friend has asked advice. She wants to have two days holiday but doesn't want to let her mindees' parents down. She has assistants who would happily do the job in her absence. How would this stand legally? Could the parents sign something to say they understand it is not Childminding but nannying or baby sitting or a private event?
Any advice?

blue bear
24-02-2013, 03:33 PM
They Definetly could not care for the children at the childminders home, but if they enter I to a private arrangement of baby sitting for a family they know through the childminder I can't see why it would be of any interest to anyone else,
I know nursery workers who baby sit for families who use the. Ursery, obviously always in the child's home at a rate between them and the family, obviously they wouldn't be insured like they are when at the childminders.

jadavi
24-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks. Yes they'd need to do it at the cm's home as four kids are involved.
Is this defo a no no?
No way around it?
Cheers in advance

jillplum
24-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Sorry I dont see how it could work at the childminders house.

blue bear
24-02-2013, 03:58 PM
No they can't do it in childminders home as it would be over two hours and they would also need first aid cert for those two hours. Friend could always ring ofsted and insurance company for definite confirmation.
If its two assistants could they not each go to a families house to baby sit and then meet up at soft play during the day stopping for lunch?

jadavi
24-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks we are rural and assistants don't have cars to get to mindees house. Both have first aid certs. It's a bummer as friend says they are very capable and two of them wanted to look after the four children.
Ah well that's the law I guess x