PDA

View Full Version : I haven't been paying money in!

kellsbells
27-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello, I started on the 19th may this year with my first mindees starting then!

I haven't paid anything into my account as my parent pays me cash, should I be paying it into my bank account? I know this is a really stupid question an as I'm typing I'm thinking 'DOH!....well of course otherwise how will they know how much you are earning!'

and what will happen if I haven't been paying it in!
x

Lou
27-06-2008, 07:55 PM
im not sure i fully understand as i have had 3 glasses of wine but...

you dont need to pay anything into anywhere aslong as you are keeping proper accounts??

katickles
You don't have to pay it into an account but you do have to keep a record of all your payments so you can work out your tax return.

I record all mine in my accounts book :)

cher25
Good question! I get paid in cash and haven't paid it into the bank either. But i know how much i've earned through the reciepts and with writing it down each week in the ncma accounts book. I keep thinking i should put it in the bank but never get round to doing it.

Cher

kellsbells
27-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh good! ;-)

I have accounts and get my parent to sign it to confirm, but I was stessing thinking omg I should paying into my account for proof! Also cross referring to one of my other threads...lol my parent pays me extra each week to cover the holidays as long as I put in my accounts what she has paid.

God I'm sounding really thick here aren't I! Sorry!!!! ;-)

x

tulip0803
27-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I made sure I paid all cash into the bank even if I withdrew it immediately. I know you don't have to do this but when I went to renew my mortgage at the bank they did not ask to see my accounts:) . They were satisfied with what they could see going in and coming out.

manjay
27-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I made sure I paid all cash into the bank even if I withdrew it immediately. I know you don't have to do this but when I went to renew my mortgage at the bank they did not ask to see my accounts:) . They were satisfied with what they could see going in and coming out.

Ditto! It is the same if you need overdrafs or loans. Much easier to prove if it is paid in

Alibali
28-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't accept payment in cash, cos it always disappears!!! So I have to pay everything into bank, either cheques, direct debit or via vouchers. That way I have duplicate records of payments.

Spangles
28-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I sometimes pay in and sometimes don't! I don't have a specific bank account either it just goes where it needs to be if you see what I mean!

I'm not worried about it though as I have all of my accounts info if needed. I'm too lazy to drive out and deposit it, only to take it back out again!

Mollymop
28-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't accept payment in cash, cos it always disappears!!! So I have to pay everything into bank, either cheques, direct debit or via vouchers. That way I have duplicate records of payments.

I know what u mean - I had my first payment in cash on friday and guess where it went? In River Island's till!

manjay
29-06-2008, 07:23 AM
I know what u mean - I had my first payment in cash on friday and guess where it went? In River Island's till!

That's spooky! That is where my cash usually ends up:laughing: