PDA

View Full Version : Training courses

adedwards68
23-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Hi
Not sure if I've posted this in the right place but anyway
I'm in the process of registering as a childminder, I've just completed my first aid training and wanted some advice on what other courses I should do.
If I can do them online that would be a lot easier but I was thinking that if I could get as much training behind me before I actually start minding, as I'm not sure if I will have a great deal of time once I'm working
Any suggestions would be very helpfu
Any info, advice for a new childminder would be greatly appreciated :clapping:

cathtee
23-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi food and hygiene can be done on line, but the others ie safeguarding needs to be done as a group good luck with your registration:thumbsup:

blue bear
24-02-2013, 08:23 AM
talk to your local authority, here you can do child protection online, but not sure if you have to be registered first, dont just find any old one online, it has to be local authority approved.

bunyip
24-02-2013, 09:39 AM
I agree. Check with your LA's - both county and borough.

Where I live, the borough Environmental Health has to approve the food safety course (and insist the initial one is approved by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, although refresher courses/renewals don't necessarily have to be so.)

The paediatric first aid and the safeguarding courses have to be approved by my county. They insist on a classroom-based safeguarding course initially, then we can do an online refresher.