PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ofsted Inspection

Mandy50
23-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone,
I had my first inspection during the Feb half term and I received satisfactory with 2 actions. It was all to do with the EYFS. The inspector was very nice and she concentrated mainly on observing the children at play and myself with the children. I felt very comfortable and at ease with the inspector and I was expecting satisfactory. I mind 2 children who are sisters and both in the EYFS. I mind them for approx 40 minutes before school and occasionally during the holidays so my learning journeys and scrap books are not that full although I try and put in photos etc.

I am thinking of coming of the EYFS register as I only mind before and after school, during some of the holidays. I would like to know if anyone can blame me for doing this.

sarah707
23-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Mandy if you want to share the wording of your actions I am sure we can come up with some ways to support you.

I wouldn't give up on early years unless you really want to - remember you have a few years now before you have another inspection - and we can offer you lots of support to make any changes you need.

Hugs x

Mandy50
23-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Mandy if you want to share the wording of your actions I am sure we can come up with some ways to support you.

I wouldn't give up on early years unless you really want to - remember you have a few years now before you have another inspection - and we can offer you lots of support to make any changes you need.

Hugs x

Thanks Sarah,

It was mainly not linking the daily journals (NCMA) to the developmental matters book and although I have a good relationship with the pre-school, I had nothing in place to say what planning etc I had between myself and the pre-school. I will let you know more when I receive my report. Thank you for your support

MessybutHappy
23-02-2013, 04:05 PM
It would be a shame to give it up, you may find you naturally lean to the older children, but then along comes one in a holiday with a younger sibling, maybe starting school in the autumn, and you wouldn't be able to help. As Sarah says, there's loads of support available!

sarah707
23-02-2013, 04:48 PM
A lot of members struggle with linking observations to Development Matters. This little document might help you -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Observation%20prompts.pdf

and more here -

Observing Children (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/observingchildren.html)

:D

jillplum
24-02-2013, 02:25 PM
I wouldnt make any definate decision until you have got your report. You can find pretty much everything you need on here and lots of experienced minders to help. Like someone else said it would be ashame to limit yourself by ruling out early years.