PDA

View Full Version : two babies under one???

benandjerrys
22-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I am currently registering as a c/m and will be having a 7 month old in september if all goes well. Someone else has asked me to have their ten month old also from september(these are the ages of the babies in september) The babies would both be together 2 days a week. Would I have to apply fr a varience? Would it be granted as two months later one of them would turn one? If so, could I apply for this pre regstration? Also would my own child who turns 5 in september and in reception class be classed as an early years child? Im not sure how many children I would be allowed to have, my other children are over 8s. Thankyou in advance.

mrs robbie williams
23-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Hiya you can only have three in the early years and only one can be under one with the exception if twins/multiples, as your children are over eight you should be allowed six under eights ofsted will tell you x

FussyElmo
23-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Is your son in full time school now?

Loushah
23-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Currently you are only allowed to look after one baby under one years old at any one time (however this may change).

Are either of the parents able to change their hours or arrange for someone else to temporarily care for their child until the 10 month old has turned 1? or could you arrange to have a temporary assistant for the 2 days?

Just a couple of ideas so you don't have to say no to one of them.

Rick
23-02-2013, 08:30 AM
I am currently registering as a c/m and will be having a 7 month old in september if all goes well. Someone else has asked me to have their ten month old also from september(these are the ages of the babies in september) The babies would both be together 2 days a week. Would I have to apply fr a varience? Would it be granted as two months later one of them would turn one? If so, could I apply for this pre regstration? Also would my own child who turns 5 in september and in reception class be classed as an early years child? Im not sure how many children I would be allowed to have, my other children are over 8s. Thankyou in advance.

Yes I'm afraid it doesn't matter if one will turn 1 year old in a couple of months, they're still under 1! I was increadibly lucky a few weeks ago when one of my mindees turned one on the Wednesday and I had an 8 month start on the Friday!

Your 5 year old would have to be in full time 10 sessions a week to be counted as out of your Early Years allocation

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

benandjerrys
23-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Yes I'm afraid it doesn't matter if one will turn 1 year old in a couple of months, they're still under 1! I was increadibly lucky a few weeks ago when one of my mindees turned one on the Wednesday and I had an 8 month start on the Friday!

Your 5 year old would have to be in full time 10 sessions a week to be counted as out of your Early Years allocation

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

My little girl currently attends nursery school 5 mornings and i pay for her afternoons but from september she will be fulltime as she will be in her reception year.

Im hoping regarding the babies that one of them decides to go back later or has holiday entitlement to take, I would be gutted if I lost one because of a few weeks overlap, hopefully it will work out closer to the time.

Rick
23-02-2013, 09:44 AM
My little girl currently attends nursery school 5 mornings and i pay for her afternoons but from september she will be fulltime as she will be in her reception year.

Im hoping regarding the babies that one of them decides to go back later or has holiday entitlement to take, I would be gutted if I lost one because of a few weeks overlap, hopefully it will work out closer to the time.

Yes things change quickly in this job. It is possible one parent will change their mind for some reason. Until a contract is signed anything can happen sadly! I know some people will say they would have no problem with looking after 2 under 1 year olds but I found it hard work when 12 month and 8 month old were here on the same day. One would be climbing up to the sofa looking wobbly, I would turn round and the other one is climbing somewhere else! Neither allowed me to leave the room for a second!

Good luck :thumbsup:

blue bear
23-02-2013, 09:58 AM
If liz truss gets her way and the more great childcare proposals go through unchanged childminders will be able to look after 2 under ones from September. This is not guaranteed and there are lots of protests against her proposals which are about a lot more than childminder numbers, look it up and have a read.

Your child can be classed as a 5-8 child when in full time education, is does not include the run up to starting school in September or the part time settling in sessions many schools offer.

benandjerrys
25-02-2013, 11:58 AM
If liz truss gets her way and the more great childcare proposals go through unchanged childminders will be able to look after 2 under ones from September. This is not guaranteed and there are lots of protests against her proposals which are about a lot more than childminder numbers, look it up and have a read.

Your child can be classed as a 5-8 child when in full time education, is does not include the run up to starting school in September or the part time settling in sessions many schools offer.

I have spoken to the parents an one has agreed to go back to work in october and then take her 4 weeks annual leave all in one go so she will actually go back in november when the other baby turns 1, hopefully it will all go to plan.

I think I would find it easier looking after two babies at once at least they re doing similar things although i may change my mind when im finally doing it :laughing:

julie w
25-02-2013, 12:02 PM
You should call Ofsted and ask them. Unfortunately it usually depends on who you talk to and what mood theyre in, but when I last asked about a variation they told me there was no need to call as long as, if asked, I could show I was capable of taking care of them, eg double pushchair, show sleeping, feeding arrangements etc.

jillplum
25-02-2013, 12:50 PM
To be homest 2 babies under one is fine. I had twins lol.