PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Jessymax
22-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi, who do I need a letter off my landlord giving me permission to childmind for ? ( should I have it at my pre reg inspection?) also ther is a free first aid kit in craven herald this week does it hav.e to be a specific one? X

bunyip
22-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Landlord question: dunno. :confused:

You need a first aid box that you believe is suitable for your needs. The trainer at your first aid course ought to have specified.

As guidance, here are the lists I use in mine (one at home, one for outings), but these are for my setting - yours might be different.

FussyElmo
23-02-2013, 07:11 AM
personally I would get your permission letter and stick it in a folder and then I would keep my pulic liability and DBS checks and whatever else with it.

Loushah
23-02-2013, 07:49 AM
I rent & have it written in the tenancy agreement that I can childmind. I never been asked for it by Ofsted on any of their four visits, but nice to have just in case.

skatie
23-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I think the landlord just needs to know so that they can update heir buildings and contents insurance. I have kept the letter from the landlord in my file and although I have had my first inspection no one asked to see it as proof.

chezzagriff
23-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I dont have a letter I was just told it was fine. Also public liability insurance I have but do you have to have home insurance?

FussyElmo
23-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I dont have a letter I was just told it was fine. Also public liability insurance I have but do you have to have home insurance?

Can you afford not to have home insurance? Worse case scenario and you lose everything could you afford to replace it without insurance :)

Tazmin68
23-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Normal buildings and contents insurance will not cover childminding equipment or accidental damage. Even if you rent the landlord will need to check that buildings insurance covers minding. I had a mindee break my patio door when we did a fire drill.

chezzagriff
24-02-2013, 11:01 AM
I will be getting home insurance but at the mo Im not even bringing enough in to pay rent so if Ofsted dont require it I will just get liability insurance.

Tazmin68
24-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Ofsted do sometimes check that relevent car and house insurance did when I had inspections plus gas safe certificate and ico up to date