PDA

View Full Version : what would you charge???

kindredspirits
27-06-2008, 07:36 PM
hiya, not been around today as been visiting the MIL!! :angry:
anyway, i've just been on the phone with the lady who wants me to do after school and a 'full timer'. she is only working between 11.45 and 3.45 do i've said a blank no i charge full fees for after school because i can't fill the gap. but i said i'd get back to her about the LO. i don't think i will fill the gaps around her either so i think i might have cut my losses and tell her i'll charge full fees for both and most probably loose her.

what would you do??????:idea:

Lou
27-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Firstly i would never ever visit the MIL :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry back to subject... yes i agree i would charge full fee xxx

katickles
27-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I would probably find out what time she'll need to drop off & collect the lo for full days & explain that with these hours either side she'd need to book full days.

The lo after school I'd just charge a after school rate.

Hope i've understood that right :p

chez1373
28-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Sorry ive have nothing good to add but needed the same advice lol

Good luck with your problem

Cheryl xx

miffy
28-06-2008, 07:18 AM
I think you've got a couple of options - either charge the full day rate because as the others say, you can't fill the other few hours or charge a higher hourly rate for the hours attended.

It does depend on how much you want the work but I'd go with charging the full day and explaining to mum it's because you have limited places available and can't fill the odd hours she doesn't need.

Good luck

miffy xx

manjay
28-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Am I understanding this right? One child is just for 1/2 an hour after school and one is 11.45-3.45? I would charge my minimum daily fee which is 2 hours for the after schooler. I would probably come to an agreement that suits me for the preschooler (only as I don't really want to work full time) Probably an enhanced hourly rate as then I would still get paid with an amount I was happy with but I wouldn't be in danger of the parent leaving the child with me for the full day just because they had paid for it:D

It is all about finding something that you are comfortable with. Your business, your rules. Good luck

devoncm
28-06-2008, 10:44 AM
I had a mindee a while ago who had funny hours, he would come for an hour or so then go home and come back for a bit in the afternoon, other days he would be a morning or afternoon, the days whish were odd hours i would charge also for time in between as i could not fill the space, the mum was fine with this,she was having tax credit helping to pay though.