PDA

View Full Version : why oh why is No so hard to say!

mushpea
22-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I used to work saturday for a parent then she stopped for a while due to a mess up with tax credits so couldnt afford it and when she asked me to do it again I said no as i was enjoying work free saturdays as buisness had seriously picked up in the week, anyway she asked me last week if i would have him this saturday as her friend had let her down, well I only worked 2 days this week as buisness is quiet in the hols so i thought why not it will boost the cash this week so we agreed 8.30am start, so she leaves thursday saying see you 8.20am so stupidly I say ok then, grrrr, its only 10mins but its my flipping 10 mins, shes done this because she wanted till 3.15 and I charge by the half hour so will charge till 3.30 so she thinks shes gettin her moneys workth by dropping of 10mins early, grr, no point to this thread just my stupidness at not saying NO!!!!

CLL
22-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Answer the door at 8.30 and say you were busy getting ready. You came downstairs at 8.30 as that is what time she is paying you from for your services.

mum24
22-02-2013, 09:36 PM
I have one mum like this, she is lovely in every other way, always pay up front no problem, but always either drops off or collects just that few minutes to make sure she gets her moneys worth. Sometimes I get really riled, but then all things considered, it is not that big a deal, and lo is such a sweetie, would be different if she had a little horror.:)

bunyip
22-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I tell the mums that if they arrive early I may be naked.

They always phone first to check. :D

WibbleWobble
22-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I tell my lot they can knock at my door but the chances are I am having a poo( and I have really said this) as I am like clock work and I always need to go at 7:53am on the dot....

Don't laugh

It's true

Wibble x

nikkiv
22-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I tell my lot they can knock at my door but the chances are I am having a poo( and I have really said this) as I am like clock work and I always need to go at 7:53am on the dot....

Don't laugh

It's true

Wibble x

Now that has made me smile after a 3 hour assignment thanku xx

mum22
23-02-2013, 07:57 AM

Don't laugh

It's true

Wibble x

By my calculations you should be having a quiet sit down right about now xxx

Loushah
23-02-2013, 08:05 AM

Ha ha...this is hilarious...would never have the guts to say that!

maryp0ppins
23-02-2013, 08:20 AM
I too have a mum who gets every last penny's worth if my services.

Example. I have her 2 lo's, school age & pre school (i do not pick up, they get delivered to me). School age poorly so not coming normal 3.30-6, they live in a dif village (12-15 min drive) Pre schooler at play group till 3, poorly one at home - pre school 1 minute away from their home they go pick pre schooler up drop him at mine for 2.5 hours to then pick him bk up again. FACT it'd cost more in petrol driving to mine & bk with lo other than just take him straight home!!

:-)

MessybutHappy
23-02-2013, 08:33 AM

I really want to ask "Are they checking you are dressed or checking you are still naked?!!!!"....but perhaps I shouldn't...oh hell, I have...:)

blue bear
23-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Toolset ow but I would have popped out to getmilk and get back at 8.30,when they asked where I was I would p,ead ignorant and say oh we agreed 8.30 when you asked me to work today.

chriss
23-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Well Wibble, they cant argue with that one can they !! Gonna make me smile all day that one is :o

mushpea
23-02-2013, 10:47 AM
well cheekily she turns upat 8.30am saying sorry I'm late then looks at me totaly confsued when I say actutally its only 8.30am so your not late just on time , I dont mind working saturdays but cant stand it when they are early or late on saturdays cause its the weekend, it dosent bug me quite so much in the week for some reason lol

mummyMia
23-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Toolset ow but I would have popped out to getmilk and get back at 8.30,when they asked where I was I would p,ead ignorant and say oh we agreed 8.30 when you asked me to work today.

I have done this before. I used to have a lo who was supposed to arrive at 9:30am, but dad was always bringing him much earlier. Once he even turned up a whole 2 hours early!!!! (hee hee, maybe he was trying to catch me naked :laughing:). I would go out to buy milk after the school run and would purposefully only get home at 9:25am. Time and time again I would find them waiting on my doorstep. I would just smile and say 'I didn't expect you so early' and would make no apology. They never did really get the message and just kept turning up early. :p

lizduncan72
23-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I really want to ask "Are they checking you are dressed or checking you are still naked?!!!!"....but perhaps I shouldn't...oh hell, I have...:)

I was thinking exactly the same!!!!