PDA

View Full Version : Contact info not as it seems

SammySplodger
22-02-2013, 04:57 PM
I am settling a 13 month old newbie in and had third session today. I offered to look after his older brother (5), as a favour to Mum so she could work this afternoon.

Anyway - on the contract and All About Me form Mum has filled in just one home address for her and the boys Dad, as a family of 4 living together.

We were talking about houses at lunch time (ours is tall and thin, they live in a bungalow) and the 5 year old said "and Daddy lives in a flat above his shop". This has never been mentioned to me before and isn't 'on paper'. It would appear that Mum and Dad are married but live apart most of the time, but share care of the boys.

Their relationship seems fine, very amicable, but I just feel weirded out by the fact that the 'family setup' info is not as it seems and is being 'withheld' from me. If I hadn't met the brother today I'd be none the wiser. I have Dad's contact info, as if it is daytime work contact info only.

So I'll just be discrete and carry on then?
Advice anyone?

Mouse
22-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I have the opposite situation.

Mum & dad do live together, but pretend they don't so that mum can claim all the single parent benefits. I have all my paperwork completed with separate addresses, although I know they live together. I don't worry about it to much as at least I have all the info I need.

I think in your case I would perhaps mention to mum what has been said, although I don't know what you can do about it if she does say they live together.

SammySplodger
22-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I suppose it doesn't actually really matter - I have the info I need, it doesn't affect Ofsted. I just feel a bit narked about not being 'trusted' with the info. At 13 months it's not likely to be an issue for the mindee either, is it?

jillplum
22-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I dont think it matters really. If you know the Mum or dad well you could let it drop that the son mentioned dads flat.

sarah707
22-02-2013, 07:06 PM
look at the wording in the EYFS - you need addresses for parents and where the child lives most of the time - that info is legally required.

You can only believe the info you are given from parents x

FussyElmo
23-02-2013, 06:58 AM
If the marraige has broken down perhaps the mum is embarrassed about it. Some people dont like everyone knowing everything about them :thumbsup:

Is the shop in the same area - just a thought if its a distance away perhaps dad does live there some days to save the journey home etc :thumbsup: