PDA

View Full Version : Toileting older children

Pjs
22-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Took 4 children on an outing today, the children were aged from 4-11. Thankfully no one needed to use the loo but I was wondering how on earth you manage to take all the children to the toilet and go yourself if needed. 2 of the children are boys aged 7 and 9 and there is no way the 9 year old would set foot in a ladies loo. I've searched the Internet for what the rules are but all I can find is 'the children must be in sight or hearing at all times'. How do you respect the childrens and our own privacy but keep them safe?

hectors house
22-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I would send both boys in the gents together and wait outside the door or sometimes I use a disabled toilet where I can fit everyone and a buggy in. Or just ask their mum what she does when she is out with them.

loocyloo
22-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I have ds & older boy mindee in holidays. They use the gents or disabled loo & I wait outside. Equally they wait outside whilst I take others/I go.

Depends on children...I used to have older boy mindee that I couldn't trust & it was difficult. I used to only go out with other people on days he came!

Pjs
22-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Thank you, in my head that's what I thought I would do if they needed to use the toilet. The boys are very sensible and I know I could trust them to wait outside for me. I just wanted to check that it's ok to do this. Thank you

Tazmin68
22-02-2013, 04:46 PM
I do same as others plus because my hobby has ms we have got a radar key for the locked disabled toilets so we also use those.

SammySplodger
22-02-2013, 05:01 PM
My local tourist office gave me a radar key. Much easier - wait outside for older ones, take buggy and babies all in together.

Pjs
22-02-2013, 06:34 PM
We have a radar key, don't know why I didn't think of using that. Thank you

jillplum
22-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I would do as the other said and wait outside the gents for the boys or use a disable toilet if available.