PDA

View Full Version : Holiday childcare only

SharonLR
22-02-2013, 01:05 PM
A parent has contacted me wanting childcare only in school holidays. She works only when her child is in preschool, so needs cover in holidays.
I've never done this before, obviously term time only childcare I would charge a retainer, so not sure what to do, how to charge, what to do about keeping the space open?
Can anyone advise me please?
Thanks

Tazmin68
22-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi
I have 2 school holiday contracts only. I text mom two weeks before school holidays to confirm fees so that she can action the voucher payment to me including any outings etc. Normal ncma contract with 4 weeks notice to end contract. I have had child for 3 years now all holidays and teacher training and snow days.
The second child is 10 so we have an adhoc contract and mom contacts me a week before just to confirm days and hours.

Tazmin68
22-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Because I do not charge a retainer for term time only children is why I can offer school holiday only contracts.

jillplum
22-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I do have some older children who come in school hols only. They undstand that I can only take them if I have a space and I dont keep a space for them. If someone needs all year care then I will take them even if it means I dont have a space for the school hols child. However, mine are school age children that coma in the holidays so it doesnt stop me taking a full time early years child. Hope that helps