PDA

View Full Version : Ironing...

SammyL
22-02-2013, 11:54 AM
All my little ones are asleep & usually sleep around the same time for min of 1hr 15mins...would it be bed of me to do my ironing whilst they're sleeping???

Feel like a bit of a fraud, like parents are paying me to do my housework!! Lol

Xx

chezzagriff
22-02-2013, 11:57 AM
lol I do any tidying around that needs doing when they are asleep. If theres any paperwork to be done I do that 1st though otherwise I find it just piles up (like the housework sometimes :blush:)

hectors house
22-02-2013, 11:59 AM
As long as you are listening out for mindees and checking on them regularly it is up to you what you do while they are sleeping. Otherwise you would tell yourself you can't watch Loose Women while eating chocolate that you can't eat in front of mindees!:laughing:

jackie 7
22-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I do it. I make sure j can hear them and finish so that all is away before they could get up. I find it calming.

RuthJ
22-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm on here while mindee is sleeping but my ironing is now calling me thanks to your reminder! Been putting if off all week!

nipper
22-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Hark is that the ironing calling???

I just came on here whilst the iron warmed up...honest!

nipper
22-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Except I forgot to turn it on...:rolleyes:

maryp0ppins
22-02-2013, 01:42 PM
I do anything that its childminding related if I manage to get all mine sleeping. I see this as MY lunch/tea break like most employed people therefore do as I please!! (Might add it doesn't happen too often :-/ )

samb
22-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't have children that sleep or at least not at the same time or just really short sleep?! Wish I could do my ironing or something in the day! Go for it!

mrs robbie williams
22-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Mine has been asleep since half one and still soundo but I didn't do ironing infact havnt done anything been sitting watching tv with ds lol x

Rolacolapink
22-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Mine dont sleep either so no breaks for me :-( although they are so much fun i really dont mind!

jillplum
22-02-2013, 05:57 PM
When mine are all asleep I take my lunch break! Eat in peace and come on here or read a book etc. Keeps me sane on even the craziest days :laughing:

jillplum
22-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Well as sane as I' m ever likely to be after 12 years childminding.

funemnx
22-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Mine don't sleep now and I have a lovely lady to do the ironing but if I do happen to have an hour free yes I do run around cleaning up, preparing dinner or just on here having a quiet lunch/coffee! :D

Why do we feel so guilty? It must be in the CM genes!

MessybutHappy
22-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Ironing? I remember that. I have no idea where my iron is. But if I did, then yes, I would while little ones sleep! And no, I wouldn't feel guilty! I'm paid to care for the child, not sit around waiting patiently for said child to wake!!! That said, I'd plan/clean up/do obs first, but that's because I'd rather not do that in the evenings!

cathtee
22-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Mine only sleep one at a time so I always have 2 awake at any time, so the ironing has to wait until Sunday, although when the smallest
one (1yr old) goes down for her nap I have my dinner and the 2 others do quiet play:rolleyes: and I have a hot cup of coffee :clapping:

vals
22-02-2013, 08:41 PM
For about a year all the children used to sleep after their lunch. I used to tidy up from their lunch, make myself some lunch, watch neighbours, then get ready for the rest of the day. The children all slept downstairs so I was with them still so perfectly safe, and gave me a chance to re charge.

WibbleWobble
22-02-2013, 08:57 PM
i dont know how you find the energy.....

this is a true life photo of me when i eventually get them all to sleep....6954

JCrakers
22-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Lol..

I don't iron because I do it on a Sunday. I do the dishwasher,clothes out of washer, occasional hoovering whilst they are playing especially under the table (usually brush) and I also have two cats so I hoover a lot. Then if they are having free play or are asleep I do bits and bobs like wipe down kitchen cupboard fronts, wipe door handles, clean downstairs loo ( a lot..lol) just to keep on top of it.

jillplum
23-02-2013, 11:39 AM
My goodness I must be really lazy lol. You lot do so much when children are busy/asleep. I just crash! Must be my age :D