PDA

View Full Version : New numbers

Lu 2010
22-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi there,

Could somebody please explain to me in laymans terms how the new ratios work. I've tried to get my head round it but I'm no good with Ofsted jargon!!
At the moment I'm registered to have 5 under 8's, 3 under 5's and 1 under 1, how does this new system change that?

Thanks

chezzagriff
22-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I think thats still the case its just you dont have to ring them for a variation anymore, you decide and as long as you can proove that you are still meeting all the needs of the children its ok. For example if you have twins of 6 months you can take them on.

phoenix2010
22-02-2013, 12:04 PM
It will mean you can still only have 6 children but you can have 4 under 5 instead of only 3 under 5

this hasnt happened yet , but at the moment you can have 4 under 5 if it is continuity of care ie a child you already have who wants to swap days , increase hours meaning you will have 4 under 5s or a baby sibling of a child you already have

does that help?

Lu 2010
22-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks that's great. I don't intend to up my numbers just yet as my daughter starts school in september so it'll all change but have a child on changing shifts so it means i wont have to shift people around if it clashes.