PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

kellyb
22-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi all! Hurrahhhh its Friday!

Hope youve all had a good half term week!

I have 3 under 5's every day, bar a Thurs when I have 4 ( between the hours of 9-3)

I had child A on a monday and a tuesday from last June and his other childminder who he went to the other 3 days reduced her days, so as he was a child in my care already I was able to have him those days meaning I have 4 on a Thursday which is fine according to the EYFS and all the parents are absolutely fine with it too.

One of my other parents of Child B who I have on just a Friday is going for a job interview in March for a new job which would mean more hours for her, and she rang me last night asking if under the new EYFS I was able to increase having him on a Tues and a Wed from Sept if she gets this job ( meaning I would have 4 each day again (9-3) Now the children I would have on those days would be aged 2, 2, 3 & 3 and they are all so good, I obviously have all the relevent equipment, double buggy, buggy board, reins, car seats etc

Would this be ok to have 4 under 5's for 3 days a week 9am-3pm? How many of you do this now?

Its obviously continuity of care and she doesn't want him to go elsewhere as he loves being with his friends at my setting..

I know I can fully manage with having him if he does the 2 extra days.

What do you all think?

Any advice / help would be great

smurfette
22-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Sounds ok! I have four under four two half days a week, and tbh wouldn't want to do it any longer as two of them are 12 months and 10 months so very hard work! However I used to have four aged 3,3,20 months and 3 some days and it was no problem really.. They played and entertained each other and getting out and about wasnt too bad as they were so good!

If you think you can cope can you have a trial period? I think you would regret it if you didn't try and you probably will be fine, however it's nice to have a get out clause if its too much, no point stressing you out and getting over tired

MessybutHappy
22-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I agree with murph. If they're a similar age and get on, one more doesn't make such a difference. It's when they're all spread out that it becomes more tricky to accommodate everyone. I'd say go for it. You never know whats round the corner, so go with the here and now!!!

kellyb
22-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys : ) much appreciated

They all get on so well and being similar ages its great : ) on a Thursday it works so well with my 4 actually better than 3 because then they play in pairs most of time so it's ideal so sometimes when I have just one of them must feel left out

Obviously it's ok with ofsted then??? Would I need to ring them? Just don't want to say yes to mum and then it be a problem

MessybutHappy
22-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry, not experienced enough to comment on the numbers side, hope someone else comes along soon!