PDA

View Full Version : old childminder.....needs advice please

vonniexxxx
21-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi all can anyone advise me if i were a registered childminder 20 years ago will i still be one now or do i need to do a top up course or start again as i cant find my number.

Dose anyone know how i can get hold of my registration number that i had previously.

Thankyou
Vonnie

Becci26
21-02-2013, 08:51 PM
I Would think u will need to re register, although I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along to advise.

Chimps Childminding
21-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I agree with Becci, I would think you would have to go through the registration process again.

Mrs Scrubbit
21-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi when did you last provide care and how long ago was your last inspection x

Rick
21-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi all can anyone advise me if i were a registered childminder 20 years ago will i still be one now or do i need to do a top up course or start again as i cant find my number.

Dose anyone know how i can get hold of my registration number that i had previously.

Thankyou
Vonnie

I'm pretty sure you would have to start from scratch. First port of call is your LA who will advise you when their next course starts. Things will be very different if you haven't childminded for 20 years. Things changed just 6 months ago when the EYFS changed. You will need to do a 12 hour paediatric first aid course, CRB check (now called DBS), policies and procedures, health declaration, Ofsted application, resource/risk assess your home, Ofsted inspection.

Good luck :thumbsup:

blue bear
21-02-2013, 09:43 PM
If you were a registered childminder 20 years ago you would have sent back your certificate to the social serives when you gave up.
Things are very different now, you would need to register with ofsted as we are no longer under social services as you would have been 20 years ago.
Contact your local education authority, they will be able to talk you through the requirements, unless you have stayed registered which would have included you paying an annual fee, having regular ofsted inspections and undertaking current training requirements you will need to register from scratch.

angeldelight
21-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Thankyou
Vonnie

I gave up years ago after minding for a very long time

I had to re register after only not minding for a year .... which was a pain

So you will need to do that too

Lots of hints and tips here though and if you need to ask anything else just give everyone a shout

Angel xx

SammySplodger
23-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Yup - recently re-registered and had to do EVERYTHING from scratch again, including CYPOP5 - really annoying as no different to ICP! Licence to print money. Including equipment it has cost me £650 to get back up and running again.