PDA

View Full Version : Magazine coverage

sarah707
21-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Do you get Child Care / Practical pre-school magazine?

I wrote to them earlier this month knowing that they might not have space to publish a letter about childminders and the campaign... but they managed to squeeze it in! :cheerleader:

I am delighted that the message is getting out there and very grateful to CC magazine for allowing us to have a voice :D

loocyloo
21-02-2013, 07:18 PM

I wrote to them earlier this month knowing that they might not have space to publish a letter about childminders and the campaign... but they managed to squeeze it in! :cheerleader:

I am delighted that the message is getting out there and very grateful to CC magazine for allowing us to have a voice :D

well done you. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

i've been trying to think of other magazines to contact, but i don't read any really! just when i am in the drs! i wondered though about easy living or marie claire? marie claire always used to do 'real life' stuff, but haven't read it for years! maybe we need to compile a list! ( and a succinct letter! ... someone? anyone? )

SammySplodger
21-02-2013, 07:24 PM
The trouble with monthly magazines is the print deadlines are so far ahead of publication dates, I'm not sure how much use they will be to us with things in a constant state of change.

Maybe the weekly 'women's interest' mags, newspapers and online publications might be a better bet?

That said, it's worth a go! I spent most of today firing off messages to all and sundry! :-)

mum24
21-02-2013, 08:37 PM

Ooh Sarah, that is fantastic, I just replied to the tweet post asking if we could do something like that in one of the national papers, taking out a page advert, well done you for getting in so quickly.:clapping::clapping:

sarah707
21-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I am just writing a few letters every night and sending them off in the morning before the children arrive.

It's so hard when we are working all day isn't it? This week has been easier for me because it's half term and my co minder and assistant have both been here.

There are lots of ideas for letter writing on the threads guys... just google 'early years' and send the same one to every contact :D