PDA

View Full Version : Thank you letters

sarah707
21-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I thought I should write some thank you and update letters last night to companies which are supporting our campaign.

The first was to Best Bear nanny agency which is publicising a link to our analysis of the More great childcare plan on their website...

Hi, my name is Sarah and I am a childminder.
A number of my childminding colleagues have asked me to contact you to say ‘thank you’ for including a link to our analysis of the ‘More Great Childcare’ plan on your website.
We are desperately worried about the Government’s plans to change ratios and force agencies upon us and we are very grateful for all the support we are offered.
Thank you again.

The second was to Nursery World, updating them with news about the petition and more information about childminder feelings and comments.

Then I wrote to CYP Now who have an article on their website about Ms Truss' plans - thank you for the link Tunja! :clapping:

This was a slightly longer letter because I wanted to get a few points across about our campaign -

My name is Sarah Neville and I am a childminder and early years writer.
I have read the leader to the recent CYP Now article ‘Truss defiant as childcare plans are blasted - Minister tells CYP Now that reform plans do not “tear up what people are doing” – but some fear that relaxing ratios will result in children dying.’
Unfortunately I am not a subscriber to CYP Now so I cannot read the full story.

However, I would like to thank you on behalf of all the concerned childminders in England - and share with you details of our document - an analysis of the ‘More Great Childcare’ plan which is online here - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc. It has been sent to Ms Truss and other MPs in the Department for Education, the Prime Minister and Ofsted.

The analysis has been written with input from hundreds of childminders, parents and early years colleagues who all believe that Ms Truss’ plans are a recipe for disaster. We believe that they will lower outcomes for children (with potentially disastrous consequences), make thousands of established childminding businesses unsustainable and are, as described by Ben Black from ‘My Family Care’ (one of the agencies with which Ms Truss consulted - as stated in her recent Mumsnet webchat) ‘very strange ideas that she's cobbled together from around the world’.
New Childcare Minister Liz Truss | Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know! (http://www.myfamilycare.co.uk/news/blog/new-childcare-minister-liz-truss-mad-bad-and-dangerous-to-know.html)
I have also been instrumental in starting a petition which has so far gained over 23,000 signatures and is against making changes to ratios in early years settings - www.keepratiosdown.co.uk and a recently started Twitter campaign ‘Childminders reject agencies’ which is gathering momentum every day.

Childminders would like to thank CYP Now for continuing to raise the profile of the campaign against Ms Truss’ plans - even if we can’t read the full article because we don’t know anyone who is a subscriber!
Best regards,

I then replied to 2 surveys from different groups - 1 from Cheshire East and another from a leading early years agency.

BOTH had questions which asked for the respondent to choose from a set of options... without giving a box for the answer to be 'no we do not want agencies'.

I am not interested in saying how I want agencies funded or what I want agencies to provide :(

I think questions like this will give the outcome of the surveys biased and incorrect results and it makes me very cross that these sorts of surveys are being presented to people who maybe don't know the issues as well as some of us here :(

So... more letter writing for me tonight then! :laughing:

Come on guys let's get proactive. We are running out of time!!

Why not share your letters on this thread so others can gain inspiration from them?

We all need to shout as loudly as we can - at least then we will know, whatever the outcome, that we have done our best!! :cheerleader:

sarah707
22-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I am getting the hang of this twitter lark!! :clapping:

I have just sent a tweet to Sharon Hodgson MP who is supporting childminders - and to whom I sent a copy of our www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc document - saying thank you for her support!

It only takes a moment to sent a Tweet guys and it will ensure our campaign is at the forefront of their thinking.

You could Tweet - @sharonhodgsonmp with a thank you message or @trussliz with a 'what the heck do you think you are doing?' message or @DofE with a 'what the heck do you think you are letting Liz Truss do? message :laughing:

Let's make our presence felt this weekend before the bill gets its second reading on Monday :cheerleader:

rickysmiths
22-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Oh Sarah it will be interesting to see if Ms Truss blocks you on Twitter as she has already done to a number of cms with negative comments.

nipper
22-02-2013, 01:53 PM
You could Tweet - @sharonhodgsonmp with a thank you message or @trussliz with a 'what the heck do you think you are doing?' message or @DofE with a 'what the heck do you think you are letting Liz Truss do? message :laughing:

Love this!

rickysmiths, she wouldn't dare block sarah...:D

jillplum
22-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I dont tweet but I am going to get my daughter to do this for me this weekend. Power to the people!

christine e
22-02-2013, 08:58 PM
I really struggle with twitter

FussyElmo
23-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Will get tweeting later after dance :D

Loushah
23-02-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't know where you find the time to do all this, you really are inspirational. Keep up the good work x