PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Lorna45
21-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi all I'm not really sure where to start we have been having problems with our 14 year old daughter, she has been self harming, we are getting help through school and Other child services, what I need to know now is do I need to inform OFSTED , being a typical teenager she is never around while I'm CM sorry if this is a bit out of place just need to know what to do x

jillplum
21-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your daughter. I have 2 15 year olds. Glad she is getting some help and hope it gets better. I dont think you would have to inform Ofsted unless she is a risk to the mindees. Another cm may know something different.

blue bear
21-02-2013, 04:54 PM
As she is a child ofsted wontbe interested unless she was threatening to harm a mindee.onviously you need to risk assess like anything else. Big hugs to you,this a very difficult thing to face, hope she feels better about whatever is causing her to do this soon. X

sarah707
21-02-2013, 06:12 PM
You need to be aware that if Social Services get involved it will show up on her DBS (formerly CRB) check which will have to be done when she is 16. This might lead to the check being queried by Ofsted. I won't necessarily impact on your childminding - but be aware it might well happen.

i am pleased you are getting help. That agegroup is such a worry. Hugs xx

hectors house
21-02-2013, 08:31 PM
My daughter got extremely drunk on the last day of school, she was still 15, I ended up taking her to hospital for observation and they put her on a drip - a social worker rang me to see if I needed any other help with her ie: wanting to know if this was a regular occurance, which it wasn't. I was worried when I had to apply for her CRB at 16 but it was fine.

Hope things work out ok with your daughter and you get to the bottom of what is causing her to self harm. Sometimes my daughter was very jealous of the attention the childminding children got and thought that when I bought new resources that it was presents for the children and thought I should be buying her new things on a regular basis.