PDA

View Full Version : No accidents?

Pudding Girl
27-06-2008, 04:00 PM
When I was at pre reg we were all talking about accident/incident forms and the DO says along the lines of, always suspicious of anyone who has an empty book..

Well I am waht 4 months in, and have never had anything happen that I had to fill in an accidnet/incident form for! I am worried they will think ay my inspection ( assumeing not done any then) that they'll think I am just not doing it!

:panic:

cher25
27-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I've been working since last October, 1 child after school. We've had no incidents at all so my book is still empty and the inspector never said anything about it.

Cher

Pedagog
27-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I run a youth group we have 50 young people and for two years our accident book remained untouched, then we had 3 accidents in a week. We have annual inspections and nothing was ever said about not having any incidents.

mum22
27-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I go through weeks of nothing, then some weeks i fill it in everyday - thats kids for you.:laughing:

helen

Alibali
27-06-2008, 05:57 PM
I think alot depends on the ages of the kids, mine have all had a bump just when they are toddling around, nothing major, just the normal bumps and bruises of toddlers. I have a friend who only has after schoolers and an empty accident book.

manjay
27-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I have had a couple of bumps with a 1 year old over a 4 month period and then 4 incidents relating to one child in the last 2 weeks:panic: I can understand they may be a bit suspect if you went for years and nothing was noted but not in the short space of time you have been minding.

Pudding Girl
27-06-2008, 06:11 PM
oh thanks, I feel better now :)

Now I have posted this the accident book will be used loads next week just you see haha!

katickles
27-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I had to fill mine in the first day i was minding:panic:

Lukily for me, i've not had to since :)

Mollymop
27-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I had to fill mine in the first day i was minding:panic:

Lukily for me, i've not had to since :)

Haha, same as me!
My first mindee hurt herself on her first day and my next mindee also hurt herself on her first day! What is it with first days?

berkschick
27-06-2008, 07:20 PM
You can always borrow one of my reports to fill your book up :laughing:

Lou
27-06-2008, 07:23 PM
You have reminded me now, i havent had to fill one on for ages.

UH oh now i have jinxed it and will have to do loads next week!!!

Just console yourself the less you do the more money you save by not having to order more from ncma LOL

Mollymop
27-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I have had mindee S for 2 months now and have only ever had to do one accident report. I only have 2 in my folder since beginning minding for nearly 3 months.

Besides, I think that is unfair, it's not as if you are gonna wish that they have an accident so that you get something for ofsted to look at. I don't think your DO should have said such a thing to you, imo.

chez1373
28-06-2008, 05:13 AM
I had my inspection last month and the inspecter said she would be more worried if i hdnt had any accidents etc..

I had filled 3/4 in 7 months not too bad but since then ive had two new mindees and its been filled just about once a week all with the same mindee he is a walkin accident never anythin serious but he has ADHD and goes at 100mph no matter what we are doin..

Cheryl xx

crazybones
28-06-2008, 06:30 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about potty training :doh: I have just ordered another accident book. I have a very active 2 year old. :rolleyes:

miffy
28-06-2008, 07:06 AM
At a friend's inspection one of her mindees piped up about when he fell over at ......and had to go to hospital - that had happened 4 years before but she had to go and find all the paperwork to show the inspector.

I think showing the inspector you've everything in place in case there is an accident will be fine but like you say you'll probably find you need your book now!!!!

miffy xx

disney
28-06-2008, 03:50 PM
i have been registered a year in sept and i dont have any in my book only one injury recorded and that was an existig one and my inspector didnt say anything :thumbsup: x

Pudding Girl
28-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I had my inspection last month and the inspecter said she would be more worried if i hdnt had any accidents etc..

Cheryl xx

yeah thats what I was told - thing is you can't make up accidents just to have something to blooming write down can you? :rolleyes: why do they have to make comments like that to worry you needlessly?

Pudding Girl
29-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Famous last words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A and my hubby collided with each other playing tennis on the Wii :rolleyes: cue one red angry banged arm!!

brillminder
29-06-2008, 05:18 PM
now you have said it ..............wait for the book to fill now lol

foxy lady
29-06-2008, 07:26 PM
ha ha better keep a good eye on them this week now you have said that.
i only had 1 in mine when ofsted came and had been minding 5 children for 6 months nothing was said