PDA

View Full Version : will i get my reward in heaven???? lol

ziggy
21-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Just booked my 2yr old mindee in for a hair cut in morning, as mummy doesnt have time to take her.

Also taking other 2 mindees home every day as mummy resting due to being pregnant and having high blood pressure. Also on call to go to same family if mummy should be taken into hospital (no family here). Took eldest of hers to doctors last week while mummy was kept in hospital for bed rest.

I really dont mind helping out but makes me wonder how they would manage if children were in nursery.

Do other minders offer such help?

off to soft play now, something else they wouldnt get in nursery

loocyloo
21-02-2013, 09:43 AM
i think we all do things like this for our families.

i did know of a nursery that had a childrens hair dresser come in once a month !!! my friend said it was awful though, as all the children had the same haircut!

jillplum
21-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes I think we become surrogate family members. I am always happy to help if I can.

Loocyloo, love the idea of them all having the same haircut :laughing:

migimoo
21-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I've taken them for haircuts too,to buy school shoes,washed and dried coats/trainers and taken them out for special meals (pizza hut,cosmo)...all of which they wouldn't get at a nursery.

rickysmiths
21-02-2013, 12:26 PM
i think we all do things like this for our families.

i did know of a nursery that had a childrens hair dresser come in once a month !!! my friend said it was awful though, as all the children had the same haircut!

:panic::laughing: visions of a pudding basin!

caz3007
21-02-2013, 12:41 PM
I have done lots of extra stuff for my mindies. Washed and dried PJ's as they came in them in the morning. Nipped shopping for bits if a mum has asked and I am going, sewn bits back on teddies, repaired buttons, those are just off the top of my head

funemnx
21-02-2013, 01:45 PM
:panic::laughing: visions of a pudding basin!

And wonky fringes!!! :laughing:

*daisychain*
21-02-2013, 02:00 PM
All in the never ending list of our job description I think. I'm also on call for a pregnant mummy, who we pick up and drop her and her little one at her nana's house , pick up prescriptions , throw birthday parties for, i do love doing it though and it's very much appreciated , if I wasn't , it would be a different story :)

jillplum
21-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Ah yes cutting fingernails was one of my jobs. I have also had to be the one putting eye drops in as lo wouldnt let the parents do it :laughing:

cathtee
21-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Ah yes cutting fingernails was one of my jobs. I have also had to be the one putting eye drops in as lo wouldnt let the parents do it :laughing:

These have been 2 of my jobs too, to go with the washing of clothes, going to craft days with los at school cus mom can't get time off to go,

jillplum
24-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Ah yes I forgot about washing and drying coats and going to school plays and choir performances. I love the nativity play tho :thumbsup:

hectors house
24-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Well done to all of us who go that extra mile - pity the Ofsted inspectors don't give out a grade for that as it would certainly be nurseries "lagging behind"!

ziggy
25-02-2013, 09:40 AM
have been rewarded with much welcome bottle of Merlot:)

jillplum
25-02-2013, 12:14 PM
I got a box of thorntons chocolates this morning from a parent then a bunch of tulips from another childminder for my birthday so I do feel appreciated this morning.

loocyloo
25-02-2013, 12:28 PM
happy birthday jillplum :D

PixiePetal
25-02-2013, 12:33 PM
my parents have always made me feel appreciated so I am happy to go above and beyond my basic duty - and EYFS!

coat washing, teddy/comfort blanket washing, fingernail cutting, nit checking and combing, school plays.......

nipper
25-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Just on the subject of haircuts, two of my mindees are in desperate need of a haircut (hair in their eyes) but their parents don't seem to realise. they both have really thin and wispy hair that just looks as if needs a proper haircut and not just a fringe job as both mums seem to give them. Should I suggest?