PDA

View Full Version : Own Website?

sarahb1985
21-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi, can anyone give me some advice on the best free website builders? I have googled and so many came up so I'm wondering which ones are any good? I've never built a website before and excited but have no idea where to start lol appreciate any tips x

VeggieSausage
21-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I have used moonfruit in the past which was good....

loocyloo
21-02-2013, 08:31 AM
i don't have a free website; i pay for a domain name ( about £3/yr ) and then pauline made me a lovely website and i just pay a small amount for it to be hosted each year.

you can find paulines websites by clicking on childminding help on the top pink banner, and then i think its about half way down on left side of page.

it means i don't have to think about it! and i'm not very technical, so its easy for me. :D

gingerjames1
21-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Check out gbbo was set up by government for small businesses, when i set mine up i got first two years free, then had to pay around £14 for a further 5 years, gets lots of internet traffic and always come up top on google if you search our area n postcode( which is included in website address)

phoenix2010
21-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Ive just set one up on wix
it was incredibly easy and free , it took me about 2 hours to get it up and running live

and then i went back and reworked it for another hour or so

i can send you a link if you pm me

Rick
21-02-2013, 08:44 AM
I have used moonfruit in the past which was good....

Yep I use the same. Free so long as you don't mind a limit of 15 pages and 5 photos which I didn't.

Here's my website to show what you can do

Welcome - Rick's Childminding Bath (http://www.rickschildminding.moonfruit.com/)

jillplum
21-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I love your website Rick. I am determined to set up one too when I get some spare time lol

Rolacolapink
21-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi I've just switched from Vistaprint (£3.98 per month) to webs.com which is totally free. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use. Took me about 2 hrs to set up although i keep going into it and changing/adding things!

It's here if you want to have a look; www.nicolabarkerchildminding.webs.com

:)

lizduncan72
21-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I have one with webs.com too and find it very easy to update-not quite so easy to find the time to do it though lol!! This is mine if anyone wants a look
www.lizslambschilscare.webs.com

sarahb1985
21-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Thankyou all, I will have a look at all of those, not sure when I will find the time to build my own website but looking forward to it :) Thanks again x

lynncjt
22-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Have you set up a Facebook page? It's very easy to do and I have had lots of leads from my page.

I think pictures are so important and it's so easy to update pictures on FB.

Sally69
22-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Hello, I have been wondering about a website. Do you think it is worth having one?