PDA

View Full Version : Long story short

Kevin1964
20-02-2013, 02:48 PM
If you read my other post you know I brought A planner and white board :laughing:. I put it up and it was fine :clapping::clapping: Then I went in to The early Learning centre and I started to speaking to the manger I said that i know that they give A discount for childminders provideding they show there certificate that I was A CM. He said that true he asked why I asked. I said well there a charkboard and white board (one eachside) that I was thinling of buying he said yes they sold a lot of them:D Well worth the money they started at 50.00 then went down to 35.00. A lady came in and the for shop assistant called the manger over. He excused himself and left to see what the assistant wanted. I was just looking around and I heard this lady say no you can not touch that dont do that :) I looked and a little boy was trying to close A very large door and he put his fingers in where the hingers are I was standing near the boy I saw him with his fingers in the gap so I grab him and just pulled his fingers in time the door closed. The mother said to the boy what theH*ll you doing I told you not to touch. I just said well a toddler of that age will be in to anything and you should keep A eye on him all the time when out as you do not know what they do. She just walked off no thank you for stopping my child from getting his fingers crushed :( I was about to the shop the manger said I saw what you did if you still want the charkboard and white board I said yes he said I give to you 29.99 :) so I brought one.

Do anyone want a large white board goping cheap Never been used :)

Here the one that I brought from the ELC

Chatterbox Childcare
20-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Take the free ones back with the receipt for the ones you brought for a full refund and keep the free ones

Well done on your good deed and for speaking out..

Accidents can happen but they can always be prevented

Loushah
20-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Well done, a good deed for the day....It never fails to amaze me how many parents there are out there that just don't watch there children. I go to a lot of child groups & soft play centres and I think a lot of parents go there to have a cup a tea, talk to their friends and just let there children run wild. Then when something happens, they blame the children or the staff. I have lost count of how many children I have had to help find their parents as they have been hurt.

AliceK
20-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Well done, a good deed for the day....It never fails to amaze me how many parents there are out there that just don't watch there children. I go to a lot of child groups & soft play centres and I think a lot of parents go there to have a cup a tea, talk to their friends and just let there children run wild. Then when something happens, they blame the children or the staff. I have lost count of how many children I have had to help find their parents as they have been hurt.

Oh tell me about it. It's one of the reasons I stopped going to the local toddlers. Very often I was the only one (adult) in the big hall and when I see an older child riding on a trike and about to run over the fingers / toes of a crawling baby (who shouldn't even be in that area) I have to intervene. Same as when there are 3 or 4 children on the little tykes climbing thing all arguing and shoving each other, I have to intervene to prevent an accident. It used to drive me mad. All the mums (and some childminders!!) sat in the other room chatting and drinking tea :angry:

xxxx

jillplum
20-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I recently found a toddler alone in a shop. Left her with staff and went to find Mum who was in shop next door with baby unaware chils was missing. AND totally unconcerned when I told her where she was!

bunyip
20-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Well done you, Kevin, and well deserved. :goodjob:

But OMG don't parents get shirty if their (total lack of) parenting skills get exposed?

When I was on the railways I saw a little boy peeing on the track from the platform and suggested to his mum that it was inadvisable. His mum called me a racist cos she reckoned he did it all the time in Jamaica. So I just said not to hit the middle rail cos drawing an arc of 210 volts through his winkie would be a h3ll of a way to go. :rolleyes:

TooEarlyForGin?
20-02-2013, 05:31 PM
But don't you find they are the ones that are usually the first to criticise others?

blue bear
20-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Well done Kevin and the man in elc I'm glad he rewarded your good deed. Bet you are a fab minder.

silvermist
20-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Well done you, Kevin, and well deserved. :goodjob:

But OMG don't parents get shirty if their (total lack of) parenting skills get exposed?

When I was on the railways I saw a little boy peeing on the track from the platform and suggested to his mum that it was inadvisable. His mum called me a racist cos she reckoned he did it all the time in Jamaica. So I just said not to hit the middle rail cos drawing an arc of 210 volts through his winkie would be a h3ll of a way to go. :rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

sarah707
20-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Kevin to the rescue! :clapping::clapping: