PDA

View Full Version : Childminding agencies

cbj1609
20-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I have just got this from the Way ahead magazine. I've read it through and there were so many clauses and subsections it was all very confusing.

Are we going to be penalized if we do not register, are we going to have to pay for an inspection if we request one as we wont be registered with the agencies. I am getting very confused by it all.:panic:

But though you might all like a read and like to have your voices heard.:)

What do you think about childminder agencies?

The Children and Families Bill would make changes to the law relating to childminder agencies and childcare provision. And now you have an opportunity to comment on childminder agencies through a Public Reading.

Any comments you make will be made available to the Committee of MPs responsible for examining the Bill in detail so that they can take them into account when deciding whether to make changes. MPs will be particularly interested in your comments on the practical implications of specific provisions of the Bill.

The Public Reading for the Children and Families will close on Tuesday 26 February. Find more information and comment on the Bill.
Childminder Agencies etc. - UK Parliament (http://www.parliament.uk/business/bills-and-legislation/public-reading/children-and-families-bill/childcare/)

AgentTink
20-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks for this, I left a comment a few days ago. I agree the actual document is hard to read but I found the third link on the page the easiest to read and digest. The document still doesn't give much away to how a agency will work it is more about the law being changed so that ofsted have the power ti inspect agency's. However it doesn't harm to leave a comment like lots of others have

AgentTink
20-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for this, I left a comment a few days ago. I agree the actual document is hard to read but I found the third link on the page the easiest to read and digest. The document still doesn't give much away to how a agency will work it is more about the law being changed so that ofsted have the power ti inspect agency's. However it doesn't harm to leave a comment like lots of others have :)

sarah707
20-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes the document is confusing ... and seems to be pushing ahead as more and more local FIS find out they don't have budgets from April :(

You can read more about this particular Govt consultation here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/campaigns-petitions/114756-agencies-government-want-our-views.html

:D