PDA

View Full Version : Early pick ups

nipper
20-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Do you ask parents to phone/text if they are going to be more than 10 minutes early to collect their children?

snortlet
20-02-2013, 02:25 PM
yes in case we are out or child is still eating

Maza
20-02-2013, 02:28 PM
No, but it's a very good idea. Got caught out just last night actually.

rickysmiths
20-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Mine usually say if they are picking up early but up to 15 mins early doesn't bother me. They have to wait if lo is still eating or finishing something. :blush:

mum24
20-02-2013, 02:32 PM
No, but I have just emailed parents and asked if they could do that starting from next week. I have 2 in particular who always play up and sometimes it can be fifteen minutes from parent arriving before they actually leave. So I am now going to get them as ready as I can before parent arrives. I am not sure if it will do any good though, as i suspect they will just refuse to get ready once they cotton on to what is happening. I estimate that will take 2 days:), but I am determined to to have these two dominate the end of the day.

chezzagriff
20-02-2013, 04:17 PM
No but good idea as I have been in that situation where a parent has been 45 mins early and we were a 20 minute bus ride away! (not including the time spent waiting for the bus)I always try to get back about 20 mins before parents are due but sometimes they are earlier so think I will do this

loocyloo
20-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Mine have learnt to call if they want to pick up early as I am often not home! I also have a ' no pick up ' rule between 4.30 & 5.15 for those having tea! At 5.15 we then tidy & get ready to go home; reading stories until collected. The older children or mine tend to read to LO so I can handover! I didnt ask, it just evolved!

Mouse
20-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I do ask parents to let me know if they're going to be particularly early. Some do, some don't. They all know though that if they arrive early we might be out, might be busy, bags won't be ready, daily diaries won't be written etc.

Today I had two due to go home at 5.30pm. One mum arrived at 4pm and the other at 4.30. Luckily we weren't doing anything that couldn't be interrupted, so it wasn't inconvenient & I was grateful for the early finish :thumbsup:

phoenix2010
20-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I just wish parents would pick up on time and collect on time

and if they are going to be early or late then let me know

how hard can it be , seems im having this with all of my parents at the moment

and I think that says more about me actually

I feel a "Dear parents " letter coming on :)

Mrs Scrubbit
20-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi all mine text me on leaving work so that the children are ready to go,esp good in the winter months when every child seems to have a snowsuit that requires abit of a wrestling bout xx

miffy
20-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Do you ask parents to phone/text if they are going to be more than 10 minutes early to collect their children?

No, I quite like it if they pick up early.

Miffy xx

Cottonsocks
20-02-2013, 11:02 PM
None of mine let me know if they're going to be early & to be honest I like the pleasant surprise of an early finish! If we're not in they ring my mobile & I tell them where we are so they can collect. Now, picking up late and dropping off early is a whole other story!!! Grrrr!

gingerjames1
21-02-2013, 06:11 AM
We offer a pick up and drop off service from each childs home. And each parent agree's a time before signing contract. If a parents wants to collect they can most know to tell us in the morning or know they have to be to us before 5 as we then leave to do drops. This is the one thing that sells to all parents and seems to be the one that means we always have all 6 full time places filled!!!!

Ripeberry
21-02-2013, 06:59 AM
None of my parents ever picked up early. One would even sit in the car for 10 minutes, just to make sure they were getting their full money's worth. Pity they don't sit in the car in the mornings and wait until it's time to come in.:rolleyes:

vals
21-02-2013, 07:21 AM
A parent came to me 15 minute early one time and we were out - we must of just missed her. When she then didn't turn up to collect her I called mum who said she had gone home, and what should she do now?! 'Come and collect her'. I never did understand why she didn't just wait as she knew she was early.

lynncjt
21-02-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm gradually getting the parents trained!

Not so much for me but for the children - they all have a whale of a time here and can get upset if they are suddenly told they have to go home or they are part way through a snack. I like to be able to tell the children a little while before that Mummy will be coming soon and we have to get ready, also makes handover easier if they are all dress and ready to go!

jillplum
21-02-2013, 08:37 AM
I love early pick ups :D Once I am home from school run I am always in the house as children get picked up at different times from 3.45 to 6.30pm.

MessybutHappy
21-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I got an hour off...once! It was bliss, but now I know what I'm missing!!!!

Cottonsocks
21-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I'd never manage to pick up & drop off children from their homes - they come from a 10 mile radius - & there's 12 of them!!! I'd need to buy a bus & I'd spend all day on the road!! Hahaha!

kellib
21-02-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't ask parents to text me, they know I have to pick up my own son from school so they know where to find us if we're not in or they know they don't have long to wait until we are home.

One LO is contracted to stay here until 5pm but her dad often picks her up up to 60-90 minutes early, it's fab!