PDA

View Full Version : enquiry about a wedding day creche

mummylovatt
20-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Hiya :) I have had an enquiry from a friends friend about a wedding creche. She is getting married in a large hotel and says there is a room attached to the main room that could be used, I have no idea at all where to start on this, said I would look into it for her, has anyone here ever done anything similar?
She's looking for care from 2.30-7.30pm for approx 20 children (unconfirmed on ages) I have a couple of friends in mind to help that are crb checked and work in a playschool but really dont know how many adults would be needed, insurance, cost etc help!!!!!!

christine e
20-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Think you would need to be checking our with your Public Liability insurer to see if you would be covered under that if you are then great but you would of course have to be working within your ratios the stumbling block would be your friends who won't hold insurance in their own name. Morton Michel do cover for mobile creches for weddings
https://www.*****************/mobilecreche/

Good luck - could be the start of a whole new business:thumbsup:

christine e
20-02-2013, 11:22 AM
just substitute the *********** for *****************

QualityCare
20-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Have really no idea but as l see it you would be doing nothing different than if you were holding a birthday party with 2 friends helping , find out from the hotel what the room is like and take along some activities, ask if they would provide a TV so children could watch a DVD, who would be providing food for the children, a reception we went to where the children just played in an adjoining room a buffet was set up for them.

christine e
20-02-2013, 11:25 AM
ok that didn't work will have to be a bit sly here sub the *******
with Morton Michel all one word in lowercase followed by .com or just google morton michel wedding creche:laughing:

jadavi
20-02-2013, 01:28 PM
We did this just two weeks ago it was covered under my liability insurance (MM) we called it children's entertainer/ baby sitter. I made a point of saying it is not child minding . We came up with a price by hourly rate and overnight fee, petrol used, new resources bought.

Fabby
21-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm really interested in this! Do you need to be within your ratios adult:child or not?

jillplum
24-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I would be interested to know this too.

jadavi
24-02-2013, 03:50 PM
I had my public liability insurance and did this as a private children's entertainer. Nothing to do with cming xx

jillplum
24-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the info.

nikki thomson
24-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't know why people just don't put on the invites no children, it saves an awful lot of hassle and money, I've been to loads of weddings with a no children policy, and I have to say if we were going to a wedding with the children I actually want to spend time with them not shuff them into another room with a complete stranger, my youngest dd would have a complete meltdown.
Sorry not very helpful to your original question I know.
If you really want to do it there's no harm in looking into it. X

Footprints
25-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I have a wedding crèche bussiness the insurance is around £1000 for the year from mm. You need to follow ofsted ratios but you don't have to register as a crèche with ofsted as it comes under the registration not required document.

If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

jillplum
25-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Hmmm £1000 a year. I may just stick to childminding then lol.

mummylovatt
27-02-2013, 01:12 PM
thanks all! have had another chat this morning with the bride and she doesn't want anything formal creche wise she was just hoping for it to be like a babysitting service, the room is attached to the main wedding room and there is a tv and dvd we can use, so I would mainly be supervising and doing some crafts with them, I have told her that my insurance would not cover it so would not be doing it in a childminding capacity.
theres approx 15 children age 3-5 mostly, do you think 2 adults would be enough to supervise? also I have no idea what to charge as I would be supplying some of the toys,dvds and craft materials????? sorry to be a pain just never done anything like this before!!x

jadavi
28-02-2013, 01:32 PM
This is exactly what I did two weeks ago! The children tab to and fro between is and parents a d they knew it was their responsibility (parents) lots of parents sat in the room with us. I had loads to do but all that was used was drawing colouring (had got some crowns to colour from eBay) a huge pink power ball. A play pop up house and balloons. Bought a bubble machine which sadly didn't work. Did a puppet show too. Had prizes and games in mind and parachute but not needed.
Also face paint was a real hit us doing it abd then too. We had uo to 27 kids a d there were three of us.
I charged by working out my petrol, my extra resources and then £8 an hour each for us all. As it included an overnight with their three kids it came to £250. They were very happy :)

jadavi
28-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Apologies for typos in last text - sent too early!