PDA

View Full Version : Photo's

Keeley77
20-02-2013, 09:03 AM
How does everyone produce their photos for obs?

I've been printing mine on a basic colour printer but its costing me a fortune in ink? I was thinking of getting one of those pogo printer things but not sure they are any more cost effective?

any suggestions would be appreciated :clapping:

thanks

:clapping:

vikkit
20-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm in the same position so can't offer any advice but looking forward to reading the response you get as I've never heard of one of those pogo printers??

ChocolateChip
20-02-2013, 09:15 AM
I used to use Snapfish, you can prepay and it works out 5p a photo but now I have a Kodak printer with the so called cheaper ink cartridges :D.
I made up my own obs sheets so can just insert one or more pics onto it, I tend to cover more than one link with each photo so it doesn't add up to too many photos altogether but still makes a nice record, and some of the obs are covered by a written ob or a drawing or collage which go in from time to time.
I still Snapfish a few pics every now and then, ones I haven't used in LJ's but which go into a scrapbook, just adds to make a nice memory book for when they leave.

Littleglees
20-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I print mine on normal a4 paper, was going to invest in a pogo but, as I get my ink of eBay it was cheaper to buy the ink rather than the pogo stickers (may not be the same for everyone) don't forget thou if you print on a copier from your computer / lap top / phone to have your ICO form in place x

Sare :-) x

Keeley77
20-02-2013, 09:35 AM
EBAY!!!... WHY did I not think of this!...

Ive just ordered XL size for half the price I was paying from amazon. What a dim wit! lol

ICO form is that the concent for photos to be taken printed etc?

Thank you!!

Littleglees
20-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Lol I love eBay , sometimes to much :-)

The ICO form is the data protection form

Sare x

Sare :-) x

ceegee
20-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Is pogo the Polaroid sticker printer thing that's hand held?
My brother had one for fun and it was useless - took it back to shop when customer services assistant said loads had come back (that was about a year ago)

I use a cannon selphy cp800
Amazingly quick, print there and then and I think in the grand scheme of things not too pricy x

Keeley77
20-02-2013, 11:36 AM
OH!! I naively thought that I just needed parent/carers permission for photos? where do i get the form from?

thanks

funemnx
20-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Register with the ICO :-

Data Protection and Freedom of Information advice - ICO (http://www.ico.gov.uk/)

It cost about £35 a year - you need this if you have information/photographs of the children either on your computer or if you use technology to take pictures/record them and so on :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
20-02-2013, 03:23 PM
You need ICO for photo taken regardless on how you print them if using a digital camera and if you are keeping details on your computer

Bear in mind that a pogo does not work on iphones

I print small pictures onto a sheet of paper which my obs are written on, cheap cheap cheap and I don't use original inks

kel1983
20-02-2013, 05:15 PM
I print the odd couple out on our printer but mostly wait for a good offer to come up on truprint or snapfish. Usually 1p per print saves a lot of ink and money.

jillplum
20-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I couldnt do without my Pogo! If they are being discontinued I will have a buy a spare and a stock of paper.

loocyloo
20-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I couldnt do without my Pogo! If they are being discontinued I will have a buy a spare and a stock of paper.

I don't think they're being discontinued. After 3 yrs (at least) heavy use mine recently gave up the ghost & I've bought a new one :o) the charger unit has changed, but it still doesnt hold charge! I use mine all the time.
Although I print 9 small prints on A4 paper to put in Lj s as thats cheaper!

jillplum
20-02-2013, 06:15 PM
I have had mine a long time too and gets used all the time. Wont hold any charge now lol so have to keep it plugged into socket to use. My sister has one and it has started to print black lines all over the photos so I think she will need a new one.