PDA

View Full Version : Work experience question

jelly15
20-02-2013, 08:46 AM
My 15 year old neice has to do work experience under a school scheme. The local nursery is taking a few but my neice would rather come to me. The nursery is on the schools approved list but pupils are allowed to find their own places, however the school will then need to approve them and check on insurances etc.

Has anyone taken on a work experiece pupil and what was the procedure?

mama2three
20-02-2013, 08:51 AM
The school wanted to see a copy of my Employers liability insurance ( which is already included if youre with MM) , and had a very brief chat on the phone. They were meant to come out and visit the pupil whilst she was here too , but that never happened.
Not a difficult process at all , the difficult bit was the girl herself - but Im sure you'll be fine with your neice as long as she knows she's there to work!!

jelly15
20-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks Mama, I am insured through NCMA so I will have to look into that.

catlyn
20-02-2013, 09:22 AM
I am interested in doing this as well....I have insurance through NCMA does anyone know if we are covered with employers liability insurance please ???

mama2three
20-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I am interested in doing this as well....I have insurance through NCMA does anyone know if we are covered with employers liability insurance please ???

unless things have changed recently then you need to pay a little extra for this with ncma. Id give them a ring.

jelly15
20-02-2013, 12:41 PM
I have just been in touch with NCMA and updated my insurance to include employer liability (includes students) the lady on the phone made no mention of payment but it does say on their website there is a £5 admin fee.

catlyn
20-02-2013, 12:46 PM
thanks ladies x