PDA

View Full Version : 1 hour and counting

RachaelStevens
20-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Should I have a activities ready to do or let my kids 5 and 4 do what they want. I have my pre registration visit at 9.45 today scared

mama2three
20-02-2013, 08:47 AM
You know your kids best - you need time to focus your attention on the inspector rather than the kids - will they get on better with their normal morning routine , or if you put out something specific for them to be doing?
Dont worry , you'll be fine!!

ChocolateChip
20-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Agree with above, just do what will keep them best occupied so you can concentrate on what you need to do.
Good luck, sure you will be fine, let us know later how it went! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

halor
20-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I think it's best to do both, let them do what they want but have some planned activities too. Some visits ofsted can be there for a couple of hours, the inspector who did mine however was here for 4 hours. My kids (5 & 2) would have been climbing the walls. Luckily my ds was at school and my other half took the day off and took dd out whilst the inspector was here.

The inspector asked me a lot of questions, some if which aren't on the preparing for your visit questionnaire, so you need to be able to concentrate on what they ask you.

Good luck :-)

RachaelStevens
25-02-2013, 12:05 PM
I think it's best to do both, let them do what they want but have some planned activities too.

The inspector asked me a lot of questions, some if which aren't on the preparing for your visit questionnaire, so you need to be able to concentrate on what they ask you.

Good luck :-)

Thanks I let them get on they played well did some jigsaws and played with home corner. Yes the inspector asked me things that wasn't on there but was happy with my replys and the fact I had everything to hand. Very happy and certificate is in the post can't wait.

jillplum
25-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Thats great. Well done you :)

halor
25-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Yay, congratulations!

shortstuff
25-02-2013, 02:17 PM
thats brill news, well done