PDA

View Full Version : Do you Tweet? New campaign - childminders reject agencies!!

sarah707
19-02-2013, 08:16 PM
I have taken our rejection of the 'More Great Childcare' plan onto Twitter - well dp has to be perfectly honest! :blush:

Childminders reject agencies!

Childminders reject agencies - Support Campaign on Twitter | Twibbon (http://twibbon.com/support/childminders-reject-agencies-2/twitter)

There is a twibbon to add to your profile ... and lots of Twittering to be done!

@dofe is a good place to start... :clapping:

Then tweet to all your Twitter friends... and some news agencies might like to receive Tweets from childminders... and lots of other early years agencies such as NCB, Parenta, Nursery World etc are all on Twitter and are all supporting childminders...

Let's use this new fangled social media to our advantage :cheerleader::cheerleader:

jo.jo76
19-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I joined and got my twibbon earlier, just haven't figured out how to tweet yet! lol I'll get there!

sarah707
19-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I joined and got my twibbon earlier, just haven't figured out how to tweet yet! lol I'll get there!

I am struggling a bit too ... we will get there together! :clapping:

:update:

Oooh! Exciting moment! I have just found out that I can link the forum and the forum blog straight to Twitter via a little link at the bottom of the posts / blogs!! :magnificent:

mum24
19-02-2013, 08:29 PM

I got a twitter account about three years ago and have never used it:blush: No idea how to, will have to learn, :laughing:

FussyElmo
19-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Sarah is the app ok? Just went to do it and it said to give the app permission to tweet on my behalf.

sarah707
19-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Sarah is the app ok? Just went to do it and it said to give the app permission to tweet on my behalf.

It is being re-tweeted by people -that's as far as I understand and nobody has reported a problem

It's all been done through official sites which gave excellent support and are giving us feedback.

I will ask nige to look tomorrow x

Ripeberry
19-02-2013, 11:37 PM
I'll give it a go. :)

Ripeberry
19-02-2013, 11:43 PM
All done. Handy that you can re-size it and position it :-) @UncleGargy

caz3007
20-02-2013, 08:30 AM
My hubby is on twitter, but I dont, will have a look at it at the weekend and get him to show me or see if he will link it to his page or whatever they are called...lol

mama2three
20-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry everyone , that is completely beyond me! i shall continue to fight the corner using the older fashioned methods of voice , pen and paper ....i have sent a few emails which is about as technologically advanced as I can manage. Its great that so many 'avenues' are opening up for us to spread the message though.

loocyloo
20-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Sorry everyone , that is completely beyond me! i shall continue to fight the corner using the older fashioned methods of voice , pen and paper ....i have sent a few emails which is about as technologically advanced as I can manage. Its great that so many 'avenues' are opening up for us to spread the message though.

same here! i struggle greatly with facebook! emails & forums i have mastered, but i like pen & ink too !!!

but i agree, its fantastic that there are so many ways we can spread our message :D well done everyone. keep going!

FussyElmo
20-02-2013, 09:29 AM
It is being re-tweeted by people -that's as far as I understand and nobody has reported a problem

It's all been done through official sites which gave excellent support and are giving us feedback.

I will ask nige to look tomorrow x

I have done it :thumbsup:

SammySplodger
20-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Have been tweeting about our issues for weeks, without a twibbon thingy :-)

sarah707
20-02-2013, 07:12 PM

We've tested it a few times today and chatted to the tech guys and they assure me it's fine.

They say it might be something in your privacy settings because it's not set up to do strange things unless you tell it to - if that makes sense!!

Please let me know if you have any more problems :D

sarah707
20-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Have been tweeting about our issues for weeks, without a twibbon thingy :-)

Whooooo! :clapping:

It was Nige's idea so I left him to run with it - it's half term and he had spent the morning making playdough and Lego towers with the little ones so I think he wanted some down time. :laughing:

I thought with it being bright red it might get our message out there and noticed! :cheerleader:

Wiggle Wiggle
20-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Great idea! No to agencies!!:clapping: