PDA

View Full Version : How many mindees

JCrakers
19-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Can I just ask the childminders who have little ones and school children how many children you have at one time...

I've just had an enquiry for a school pick up and I'll still be under my under 8's numbers but I have a few over 8s too who have been coming here for many years.
What's your limit?

nipper
19-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I usually have three under fives, three 5-8's including my own six year old dd and another sibling age 8 (nearly nine) and my own son aged 8 nearly nine...so eight in total, but that's only one afternoon a week. That's my busiest day, but I wouldn't want any other older schoolies.

watgem
19-02-2013, 02:18 PM
You need to check your insurance policy as to the total number of minded children you can care for at any one time to be covered insurance wise also depending on where you live your local council may impose limits on the number of children you can care for at any one time before having to apply for planning permission

JCrakers
19-02-2013, 02:20 PM
I think My insurance covers up to 12...Morton Michel..(like I'd want 12..lol)

Council, not sure actually

jillplum
19-02-2013, 03:02 PM
The most I have at any one time is 8 mindess plus my three teenagers so 11.

mama2three
19-02-2013, 03:20 PM
From next week i will occasionally have a total of 9 , 3 lo's , 3 schoolies , 2 over8s and a big brother who I dont actually 'mind' but who tags on to walk with us. Beginning to think I was mad taking it on tbh!

JCrakers
19-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Mmm...I rang back and said no

My Tuesday evening school run from sept would have consisted of 2 under 5 (14m and 20m) plus 2 under 8's (7 and 5) and 5 over 8's (so 9 mindees in total) plus my 11yr old dd and DS 14.

An extra 5yr old was going to be too much :( even though it would have been lovely for my 5yr old mindee to have a class friend

Weds would have been the same.. Although I've said if things change I will get back to him.

janminder
19-02-2013, 09:13 PM
My 2 busiest school days I am lucky enough to only have one under 2yrs by the time they come out of school and collect a 7yr, 9yr, 2 x 10yr and an 11yr. I am also lucky that they all get on so well. The one day a week when there are two under 2yrs left after school I have a 9yr, 10yr and 11yr.

I wouldn't have my 3 littlies with the 5 after schoolies though due to space, only one of my schoolies comes in the school holidays which is good.

mum24
19-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I have had 11 in the past, but that included three families with three children from each, who where all friends or related. The extra two were pre school, the others from age 6 to 11, so mainly older ones, it worked really well. They helped with making tea, getting the table ready, doing homework and crafts. The evenings used to pass in no time and there were hardly any arguements. They where all girls too apart from one poor young man, who was constantly bossed about - but i considered that good training for when he was older.:laughing:

The Juggler
19-02-2013, 09:55 PM
i often walk to and from school with 9 or 10 children. BUT, literally 2 of them get dropped at the door as we leave and on the way home, I drop two off at their mum's schools en route.

So usually no more than 8 in the house at any one time. :laughing::laughing:

mummyMia
19-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Gosh, I don't know how you all manage :eek:
I only look after under fives and find that quite hard enough!!

TooEarlyForGin?
20-02-2013, 09:37 AM
I regularly go up to 8/9 during the school holidays, but don't really enjoy it too much, although the kids are great, especially in the winter, and my house isn't that big. So I ideally like to stay around 6 so we can still go out in the car to let of steam.

JCrakers
20-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I tried it last night actually as I'd said yes to a mindee 5yrs who usually comes thurs,fri. Her mum had parents evening.

So I had 6 under 8 and 5 over 8's. just with the extra 5yr old it was hard. Everyone was fed and watered, and they all play together lovely as they've all been coming here for years.

But my decision was made...no...lol

funemnx
20-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I often have 10 walking to school and it is chaotic but they all enjoy each other - it's just a bit nerve wracking for me sometimes! :panic: