PDA

View Full Version : Another question- this ones about fees

JCrakers
19-02-2013, 12:56 PM
I've worked with a family for nearly five years. I had their first dd full time but now she's at a school I don't pick up from.

I have her sister who is 3. :) and she's been coming two days a week since she was 12m.

Now, I wrote to all parents about half terms as somedays I end up with 1 child or a small child and a 9yr old and basically I hate it :( so I asked for everyone's holiday dates as and when they know so I can work out what days to work in half terms and what days I can have off.

The family mentioned above have just got round to emailing me a list of the days when their dd wont be attending. Problem is its mostly all of the school hols.. Easter, may, July, 1 week in aug and oct so now Im in a predicament of offering them a term time only contract. But they do need me 3 weeks of August by the looks of things.

Their contract is two days a week all year through with my holidays free but full fees for theirs and it has been for the past five years. So do I leave it and just note down their holidays or do I advise them to change the contract to a term time only?

hectors house
19-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I would stay as you are especially if they have to pay in full for the holidays they don't need you for - work out how much money you would lose by going with term time contract and you will soon change your mind.

Yes it is a pain to only have one child, I normally give the parents the option of making other arrangements for that day or asking work if they can swap as their child will be on their own or I just tell them I will be doing some of my own things, like shopping in the morning but will make it up by taking child swimming in the afternoon.