PDA

View Full Version : Nits !!!

claire85
19-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Hello everyone , just wanting a bit of advice really . A parent of mine told me her child ( age 9) had nits 2 weeks ago. She came this week and told me she is still finding eggs etc. Shes used tea tree shampoo , full marks and conditioner the only thing is shes not doing it everyday and wonders why its not working! I informed her yesterday that the doctor will do a free perscrition for lotion just incase cost was a problem. the child came to me this morning and i asked mum how the situation was , she said they didnt have time last night !! Was informed by another childs parent this morn that whilst walking home from mine last night she found a well formed louse on her childs head but nothing else. This child was sat next to the one with lice so pretty sure that it must have "jumped". Have spoken to a teacher at the school where she goes for advice but all she came up with was to tell her another child's parents have spotted them on there child. Thats not so easy as mum is very defensive. I just wondered if anybody had any other suggestions.

Tazmin68
19-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Because it can be an never ending story I actually exclude any child with live lice. This usually does the trick as they end p paying for childcare when I cannot have child. Once treatment has started I allow children back as long as eggs only but should I see a walker I exclude again and parents usually get the message.

Koala
19-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Ive never had an issue with nits, but I would exclude until treatment is complete and the lo is not passing them on.

I would be rather cross with the parent saying she didn't have time to treat, you should have sent them home to make time and treat.

Think of the other children - I would not want my little to be repeatedly exposed to nits if I was sending them to a childminder.
Think of your home - I wouldn't want nits in my home.
Think of you - are you itching?? :D

I know schools etc... do not exclude, however if the kids were in their house I bet it would be different.