PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

leah.kyranidis
19-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I sent all my paperwork off to ofsted yesterday (health dec and crb forms) when do you think would be a good time to start advertising? X

SammySplodger
19-02-2013, 09:47 AM
I started advertising well before this stage. As long as you are honest and say something like: 'I am currently registering with Ofsted and have vacancies from x date'. Work out 12 weeks processing time or phone Ofsted for a guesstimate. The only potential hiccup is if there is anything they could fail you on. I have recently re-registered and am starting next week - I already have 4 days covered :-) Then, when your certificate comes through, change the wording on your leaflet/website/adverts.
Good luck!

leah.kyranidis
19-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Fail omg not even considered this, hopefully ill have everything in place and will be ok!
Looks like I need to get some leaflets printed out then and start posting, wasn't sure if it was too soon!

SammySplodger
19-02-2013, 10:04 AM
It has to be something pretty major to fail - like training or CRB not completed or something majorly dangerous in your home. Sorry if I freaked you out there!

I did a thorough risk assessment of home & garden and made sure anything major was fixed/done (eg: stairgates and low windows) but didn't have time for some low risk action points (eg: fridge temp chart). I wrote them all on a whiteboard and ticked off the ones I'd done. Mrs O was happy to see that I was AWARE of them and all was 'in hand'. I had not done all of my policies either, but had listed them out on the whiteboard.

There are quite a few other threads about pre-reg inspections with lots of tips.

:-)

SammySplodger
19-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I got all my leaflets etc through Vistaprint - bright colours, nice glossy paper and cheap as chips!

leah.kyranidis
19-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh brilliant, thanks for the advice! I haven't even started my paperwork yet, but have a list of why needs to be done so I think I will get started on this x