PDA

View Full Version : Weekend work

LittleLegsCM
18-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Evening all,

Can I please ask how you set your rates for weekends?? It's not something I've done before and tbh, I normally avoid it as its mine & my families time (I work 7-7 mon- fri) but after having to terminate a contract last week I'm going to be struggling big time if I refuse them now.

One of my parents has been asked to work most weekends (both days!) for the next few months and has asked me if ill consider it and if so to let her know the cost but I don't know what to charge!
Her 'normal' before/after school rate is £4.25ph and her holiday rate is £175 for the week (normally 7am-6pm days) so how do I decide what to charge for weekends??? Help please!! :)

phoenix2010
18-02-2013, 06:32 PM
my normal weekday rate is 3.50ph
my weekend rate was £5 per hour

having said that I have done it for more if its been inconvenient or less if its not

I try to negotiate a price that we are both happy with

phoenix2010
18-02-2013, 06:34 PM
what about taking your normal rate and saying you want time and a half for saturdays and double time for sundays

if she umms and ahhs and says thats a bit much then negotiate down to where you can agree

it seems a fair starting point

vickie-marieo
18-02-2013, 06:40 PM
My hourly week during Monday and Friday is 4 pounds an hour. For weekends I've always presented my babysitting rate of 6.50 an hour, and have negotiate a day rate for something in the middle, particularly as there has been a sibling group of 3. Everyone's different, but as you've said you need to think about your family time. hth

RuthJ
18-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Mine is double time.

chezzagriff
18-02-2013, 06:48 PM
If it was me I would do time and a half

mushpea
18-02-2013, 06:58 PM
normal £3.50
saturdys and bank holidays £5 perhour
sundays I would tell them double time and wouldnt negotiate but then I wouldnt really want to work them anyway, I used to work every saturday but now only do occasional ones and every bank holiday.