PDA

View Full Version : Both parents have to sign NCMA contract??

lisbet
18-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Just reading through the guidance notes and it says "When parents are jointly responsible for the service it is important that both parents sign"

So should I always arrange for both Mum & Dad to come and sign? What about if parents are not together but share parenting? :confused:

Kiddleywinks
18-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Just reading through the guidance notes and it says "When parents are jointly responsible for the service it is important that both parents sign"

So should I always arrange for both Mum & Dad to come and sign? What about if parents are not together but share parenting? :confused:

Whoever pays the bill is responsible for the service, if this is both parents, then both sign. If it's shared parenting but only one pays the bill, then that's the one who signs.

lisbet
18-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Whoever pays the bill is responsible for the service, if this is both parents, then both sign. If it's shared parenting but only one pays the bill, then that's the one who signs.

Thank you :thumbsup:

sarah707
18-02-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't use your contracts - I have my own - but I ask the bill payer to sign mine plus the other parent / guardian / carer if there is one and they want to be involved :D

mushpea
18-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I use my own contracts now but I used to use the NCMA ones and it was for 2 children one parent signed for one child and one for the other as they were on seperate contracts but parents were in a bit of a hurry to get contracts done and pick kids up from gran anyway basicly the the parents split up and then the father couldnt afford to pay me due a tax credtis mix up, I was paitend for a while but had to give notice and go through the solicitors for the money , one parent was chased for one childs money and the other parent for the other childs money! I got it all in the end but only because mum who never got the solicitors letters managed to get the money and came and paid me. it was a bit of a mess so now i make it clear to parents that whoever signs would be responsible for payment should things go wrong this normaly prompts both of them to say, 'well, we will both sign then'

rickysmiths
18-02-2013, 08:01 PM
If parents are together I always get both to sign then they are both responsible for paying.

lisbet
18-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone - don't know what I would do without you all! :thumbsup: